“Newly Remodeled” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 82 Hotels in Boston
Deland
“Newly Remodeled”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Price was right for Boston. However, they had no rooms with double beds. Food service was poor. My traveling partner had been severed and done before I even got mind and in fact I had to question them where it was. Staff not well trained had to ask three times for bedding for the pull out. Staff not trained on how to splitting the payment on two different credit cards.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Karen A
Chester C, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
On behalf of the Courtyard by Marriott South Boston, I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us. I really appreciate all of your comments and thanks to these we are able to provide our guests with the best service.

Regarding the Bistro concerns, I wanted to inform you that we have added a additional staffing and training in the department. We also have added a PM manager as well. I have also taken the time to address the issue with the front desk staff and House Keeping regarding your other concerns.

We have completed all the necessary training and coaching and want to invite you back to a refreshing experience !!

Director of Operation

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Land of Pleasant Living
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

A comfortable bed is an absolute necessity for me and this property did not let me down. This hotel is clean and well maintained, the staff friendly and professional. While the location isn't in the heart of downtown, it isn't too far from anything you want to see. If your business is at the Convention Center, this hotel is very convenient to it but not walking distance. However, you will probably save $150 per night over the full service hotels adjacent to the Convention Center. Room rates are considerably lower and parking (usually about $50 per night) is free.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cz75guy
Thank you very much for taking time to comment on our the property along with your stay. The staff and I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us. I really appreciate all of your comments. We were happy to learn that you mentioned our hotel as a good choice, at a reasonable price point. I am also glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and because there are times that staying in the Boston area proper can be very costly. Our hotel provides FREE parking and FREE shuttle service to the SUBWAY station as well for your leisure. We certainly invite you back whenever your in the Boston area.

Sudbury, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Boston is expensive, this hotel is a good choice at a reasonable price point unless you want to head for the suburbs. Nice, large room, with all the necessities. Location has pros and cons. Conveniently within a few minutes drive to the Boston restaurant and theater scene, as well as the airport. Adjacent to a large shopping mall. On the downside, it's adjacent to a large shopping mall :-), inside an industrial area. Also, if you hit afternoon traffic on I-93, you're in for a world of pain. I spent 45 minutes for about a mile...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank mix579
Chester C, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
The Courtyard by Marriott South Boston staff and I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us. I really appreciate all of your comments and thanks to these we are able to provide our guests with the best service. We were happy to learn that you mentioned our hotel as a good choice, at a reasonable price point. I am also glad to know that you enjoyed the nice, large room, with all the necessities. We certainly invite you back whenever your in the Boston area.

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the shuttle service as well as our front desk staff. I will certainly make sure to let them know.

Cork,Ire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had my last 3 nights in Boston in this lovely hotel and my best nights sleep in years.Very comfortable and superb staff made this tired traveller a happy camper.Very good location for peace and quiet and shuttle bus to airport was an added bonus.I used this hotel to visit my favourite 'watering hole'..'The Banshee Pub' on Dorchester Road as its only 15 minute walk from hotel.Lovely lobby area with free internet and coffee was a nice touch.Thanks again.

Room Tip: All good here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Fremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Relatively good location and walking distance from the T. We stayed here for 7 nights in mid October of 2012 and it was pretty good for what it is, a location for wash up and get shuteye. Even though they provide shuttle service every 30min to the nearest red line T station, we didn't even use it once during our stay. The walk was only 10 to 15min max so we opted to walk rather than wait. The walk is not exactly through the friendliest neighborhood and cleanest streets, although it is relatively busy with passing cars, so I'd suggest to walk in a group in the wee hours of late night. When we stayed there they were asking for mid 200's per night which is pretty budget friendly for access to Boston/Cambridge. Overall they had everything we needed for a reasonable price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave T

I would like to invite you back to experience our new state of the art lobby, Bistro and much more!!

Director of Operation
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last night and did not enjoy the stay. The ONLY reason I gave 3 stars instead of 2, is due to the beautiful lobby. I enjoyed being in the lobby way more than the room. Hotel has been recently renovated but is still lacking. I noticed paint chipping on the ceiling, cob webs and the shower floor was peeling so I was slightly grossed out. The WORST part of my stay was the bed. The bed was soooooooo hard that I couldn't sleep ALL NIGHT. I was frustrated all night, sleeping on a concrete slab. I would not stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NeatFreak25
Chester C, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback about our hotel. We appreciate all feedback, both positive or negative, as we use our guests comments and reviews as tools to make a better experience for all future guests. I apologize that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as expected. I since shared your comments with the management stafff and we our maintenance team correct the issues that were found. If you'd like to share any additonal information, please don't hesitate to contact me directly (Chester.coppin@marriott.com) and I'd be glad to hear your thoughts.
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I first tried Courtyard by Marriot when my daughter and I were on the college audition tour for theatre programs. We stayed a the Courtyard by Marriot in Ann Arbour Michigan twice and found it to be clean, well staffed and close to everything. This most recent visit to the South Boston location did not disappoint. We have stayed in Boston on two other occasions at big hotels in Copley Square and in the Quincy Market area, this was our first stay at the Courtyard by Marriot South Boston. Large clean, well appointed room close to our daughter's College (Boston Conservatory) with free parking and free in room wifi (neither of which had at the big hotels in Copley or Quincy). Great staff too. We needed extra towels and received them instantly. Our remote needed new batteries and that was replaced instantly too, for a new and better remote. The location made it easy to get to shopping and dinner. My advice is to save on the parking and wifi fees at the big hotels in Copley and Quincy and stay at the Courtyard by Marriot Boston South...with the money you save you can go out for a special dinner! PS Just don't make that special dinner at Rino's Place in east Boston...so not worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank bdushko
Chester C, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all the kudos regarding your experiences during stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Boston area. Please feel free to contact me directly (chester.coppin@marriott.com) if you'd like to share any other feedback.