“Nice room with plenty of space for 4”

Courtyard Boston-South Boston
Ranked #74 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Bronx, New York, United States
“Nice room with plenty of space for 4”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We traveled to this hotel from NYC for a quick couple days visit to Boston and found the Queen Room with double Queen beds very good size wise and with lots of room to spare for our family of 4. Bathroom is clean and roomy and quite comfortable. Because it is right next to a shopping plaza and next to the highway it was not as easy to find and get to but we did okay with our (Tom Tom) GPS.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Antonio L, Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
On behalf of the Courtyard by Marriott South Boston, I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us. I really appreciate all of your comments and thanks to these we are able to provide our guests with the best service.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Arabic first
Austin, TX
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I arrived in Feburary 17th. We were picked up by the most woderful fellow in town. He was not only our driver but the best tour guide ever. He recommended the greatest cafe, (we went there three times). They had a wonderful calamari salad. This hotel was constantly driving us somewhere. The manager even took us downtown in his personal car. I stay at Courtyards all over North America and this one stands alone because of the staff, and I mean the entire staff.

Room Tip: We were in a room on the third floor, same side as front door. Very quite.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Antonio L, Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
The Courtyard by Marriott- South Boston thanks you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We strongly appreciate all of your comments and evaluations.
Thank you for your business!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I only had one night in this hotel. The staff was very nice and the place is clean. I had a king bed on the 4th floor. I did not hear anyone else in the hotel. The room is very nice. The bathroom was clean and roomy. Plenty of counter space if you need it.

My only downside was trying to get to the place. If you use your GPS or phone mapping you will never get there. It takes you about 100 yards away down a one way street that does not go the direction you need.

The only way to get to the hotel is to go to the mall just behind the property and drive around. I stayed here for the free parking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience at our Courtyard by Marriott- South Boston. Our staff works hard to make sure your stay in our hotel is one that will encourage you to come back.
Our whole focus is based on providing the best service we are able to.
As you mention the best way to get to the hotel is through the Plaza Mall, the GPS and city coordinates unfortunately is out of our control.

We sincerely hope that you give is the opportunity to serve you in your future stays.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Me and a friend went on a 3 day tour to Boston so we've located this convenient Hotel which was a five minute walk to the train station and 1 stop away to downtown south station which was the start of our tour of the city. Oh keep in mind no complementary breakfast other than that its a great hotel with a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our Courtyard by Marriott- South Boston. Our staff works hard to make sure your stay in our hotel is a memorable one.
Our whole focus is based on providing the best service we are able to. We sincerely hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

New Haven
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here a few weekends ago and it was a good hotel for the value. Nothing exceptional, however, we wanted to be close to South Boston and still have easy access to downtown. I left a piece of clothing at the hotel and I've called numerous times attempting to get hold of housekeeping. I've talked to the desk, left messages with housekeeping and been told they would call me, to no avail. It's been 3 weeks since my stay. I would have more positive things to stay overall, however, as time passes, and no one calls, I'm inclined to give a lower rating. What would it take for housekeeping to phone me? Also, wish the room had climate control that was accessible. The room got warm during the night and I had no ability to adjust.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Antonio L, Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments.

I apologize for the miss communication issue. I understand you are somewhat disappointed and I would like to discuss this issue further. I will follow up this message with a phone call immediately.
On the HV/AC unit; there is a climate control in every room either on the wall or on the unit itself.

I hope you give the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Assistant general manager
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is in a bad neighborhood. Upon checking in, the clerk at the front desk told me that I did not have a park, stay, n fly reservation. Turns out I had a reservation but the clueless clerk did not know how to find it on the computer. We waited 25 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up at Logan.The place is clean and the rooms are nice but the service is really bad. We will not be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph R
Thank you for review.
As a Courtyard brand hotel, we are proud of our culture and our spirit to serve. Our goal is that each guest experience is a pleasant and memorable.

I understand that you had experienced some issues during your last stay. Please accept my apology and I can assure you that we are taking the appropriate steps to ensure that those issues do not happen again.

The shuttle works on a first come first serve basis and leaves the hotel property every half hour during the day, depending on the unpredictable traffic it could take 30 to 40 minutes.

I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We were taking a cruise out of Boston and were driving a vehicle that we thought might be too tall to fit in the pier garage. We found a "stay and fly" deal at this hotel where they would let us leave our car in the hotel lot while we were away, and they provided a shuttle to and from the pier, with the surcharge for the parking being less than the cost of the pier garage. Nice hotel and a great deal.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We strongly appreciate all of your comments and evaluations.
I was honored to read your impressions regarding our staff and will make sure to let them know.We sincerely hope that you come back to experience our New Bistro.

Thank you for your business!

Assistant general Manager