WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Courtyard Boston-South Boston

Courtyard Boston-South Boston
Ranked #73 of 82 Hotels in Boston
Montreal, Canada
“Clean, convenient, affordable and free parking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was our first time in Boston so we weren't planning on spending a lot of time in the hotel, but we still wanted something nice and clean, which we found at Courtyard South Boston. We had read the mixed reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. Check-in was a breeze, the staff was very helpful, they even let us into our room about three hours early so we just dropped of our bags and went for a walk. The subway station is a 5-minute-walk away, another staff member directed us to it, and in less than 20 minutes we were right in the middle of downtown Boston.
Rooms are nice, clean and very spacious.
Breakfast was ok, at first we thought it was included but it was our mistake, we ended up taking it anyway, $11.95 per person.
Overall a really nice stay, we would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank pppjjj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The location isn't the greatest if you do not have a car. They offer a shuttle to and from the airport for 5 dollars. Rooms are average size. We stayed here because of the price but next time we come to Boston we will choose a Marriott with a more central location.

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Marriott and Courtyards seem to have upped the personal touch. Having stayed in three this week, I want to seriously applaud the Marriott team for getting the personal touch back into hotels.

Also, the choice of pillows on the bed is a simple and elegant solution to dealing with guests' pickiness. Good stuff.

I would normally give a four or a five but the main reason to go to a hotel is to sleep. That is impossible if the airconditioner makes loud and random noises. Turning it off, of course, makes the room stuffy to sleep in. This is a major oversight, so I have to give a three.

Sorry guys. Better luck next time. I will come back, just fix the aircon.

Room Tip: Don't sleep in 530 unless they guarantee they have fixed the aircon.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank winterson66
Chris D, General Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
On behalf of the Courtyard by Marriott South Boston, I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us. I really appreciate all of your comments and thanks to these we are able to provide our guests with the best service. Regarding the air conditioner issue I talked with my Operations Manager and he told me it was all solved and that there where no longer any issued. We are almost done with renovations and want to invite you back to experience our new state of the art lobby, Bistro and much more!!
Beacon Falls, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed her a few years ago and had no problems with it. Everything was clean, service was good, nothing exceptional, nothing bad to say. Easy off & on highway to jump into Boston. Once you figure out the short cuts through the parking lots it's easy to find.

My husband & I stayed again Feb 2013 as I had an early appt at Boston Medical Center. It was conveniently located close to the center. When we arrived I had an awful cold. The ladies at the front desk went out of their way to cater to me. Making me tea, getting my honey & cookies. They were so lovely and touched this sick mommy's heart with their kindness!

The hotel was going through updating. Having stayed a few years ago we weren't sure why they were updating...but it was beautiful and well appointed. We enjoyed the pool & hot tub and I was pleased to see a handicap lift for the pool. Both my husband and I have worked with individuals who benefit from aquatics but are wheelchair bound, etc. It was so nice to see a hotel that was accessible!

We will definitely stay her again for any other appts at the BMC or for trips to visit Boston.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The Courtyard by Marriott- South Boston thanks you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We strongly appreciate all of your comments and evaluations. I was honored to read your impressions regarding our front desk staff and will make sure to let them know. Regarding our facilities, we are glad you enjoyed them and found them useful. Our whole purpose is to provide a good service and be prepared for our guests. I want to invite you back to our top to bottom new hotel and thank you for your business!
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

The location was a bit hard to find, and parking was a disaster. After lugging my luggage a long way in the cold, I was able to check in.

Check in was easy. Room was nice and well appointed. Staff were nice. Your usual expectation of this type of hotel. Would stay again. Only problem was the parking.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank firebirdgirl
Carver, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel due to a blizzard. Not only did i think Marriott was going be a great hotel but a nice area, well to say the least the area was nice:). As far as service hotel is horrible!!! My daughter found a beer can open under a bed scrapped her foot and the room rekked of beer. I called down the front desk and they assured me someone would be right up, which nobody came. Next morning i went down to speak to the gm and all he cared about was the accident report!!! (REALLY)!!! can't believe the treatment from this hotel never will i stay at another Marriott

Room Tip: don't stay here!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank marcella r
Antonio L, Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for bringing to our attention the issues you experienced during your stay.
I understand there are many hotels to choose from and appreciate that you have selected to stay with us. Thanks for the opportunity to serve you.

The wellbeing of our guests is our number one priority.
I understand that you had experienced some issues during your last stay. Please accept my sincere apology and I can assure you that we have taking the appropriate steps to ensure that those issues do not happen again.

I hope you give us the oportunity to serve you again and showe you the way we have improved from a complete hotel renovation including a new lobby and bistro to our excellent customer service.

Antonio Lama
Assistant general manager
Rockville, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We are Marriott Elite members and often stay at Marriotts, so when my husband had to have a medical evaluation at Boston University Hospital, we chose this nearby Marriott. Our second floor room (no honoring of my elite status which is supposed to give me a high floor) was depressing - dim lighting, and it looked out on dumpsters and the back of a big box mall. Heating/cooling was noisy, and alternated blasts of hot air with very cold air. Although walking to the mall was supposed to be a plus, the route around the back of the mall was ugly/creepy, not a real path, felt unsafe at night. The whole location of the hotel behind the mall felt strange. Advertised free shuttle to the hospital did not run as planned and we twice had to pay for cabs to get to appointments on time. We checked out and completed our stay at the Hampton Inn Crosstown, which was across the street from the hospital and much nicer. The only plus about this hotel was friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Andrea H
Chris D, General Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Andrea,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Hotel. We value your feedback as it enables us to continue to improve and provide better service for our guests.
I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered and address your concerns, Although we have a very thorough preventative maintenance program, we clearly fell short in providing you a quality room that you have come to expect from our hotel. I wanted to inform you that I have alerted my Maintenance Manager to your concerns and have taken measures to ensure this is corrected immediately. I have also taken the time to address your cleanliness concerns with our team and if given the opportunity, it will not be repeated.

I do hope that despite these inconveniences, you will be willing to give us a chance to welcome you back to our hotel and make your next experience more enjoyable. We look forward to serving you again.

Chris Davey.