“More flash than substance”

OAK Long Bar + Kitchen
Ranked #19 of 156 Nightlife in Boston
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We arrived on time for our reservation and thought what a great space. Unfortunately downhill from there. The martinis arrived warm and when we politely asked them to chill them more they came back slightly cooler. I mean what's a martini without floating ice chips in them for being shaken hard?

We ordered the beef jerky foie gras and shishito peppers. The beef jerky was underwhelming. The shishito peppers were huge (think they were too mature which makes sense since out of season and in turn were too hot). The foie gras came with an odd granola mixture on top.

The main courses were the highlight (pot roast) and the desserts were underwhelming.

Service was polite but RIDICULOUSLY slow. Kept missing our waiter and felt like they had him parking cars out front he was so frequently absent.

Great bar spot so go for a drink (just not a martini).

1  Thank NapaTJ

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Went to grab a drink after work with a colleague to de-breif on the day. Was impossible to hear each other (though that's not unexpected in a bar scene) -- but the acoustics don't do it any favors. Their martini service is a nice touch -- but could stand to be a little cheaper. Overall, we weren't thrilled for the price of admission.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We just finished eating at the Oak Longbar in Boston. We decided to give it a try after reading an article about it in a hotel magazine. I think they blew the budget on the magazine article. We waited nearly an hour for a table...we were told it would be about 45 minutes and they'd call when the table was ready. No call...had to go and ask. The menu was VERY limited. The drinks were overpriced. No bread no salad....I ordered the steak + Frittes (French fries) for$48 dollars. Ugh! I got a decent streak...should have been extraordinary with oversalted fries and a cold roasted garlic. The service was fair at best. I would NOT choose to eat here again.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I attended the Oak Long Bar about two weeks ago and it has been my new spot in Boston since then. I sat at the bar and immediately was greeted by a bartender named Johnny. I told him I would like some cocktails and maybe a small bite to eat. He handed me a cocktail list. My boyfriend, Taylor, decided to do a Margarita and I chose the Basil Cucumber Collins. We cheers and settled into our night. Sitting back in those over sized comfy bar chairs we decided that Johnny made an incredible margarita and the Basil Cucumber Collins was my new favorite drink, it features an organic cucumber infused vodka. Johnny was very busy with other guests but kept an eye on us making sure we were okay with drinks. Taylor and I then decided to order some food. We tried the Wild-boar sausage pizza which was phenomenal!! The flatbread just melted in your mouth and was just enough as a meal for one or an appetizer for two. Overall, Taylor and I had a wonderful experience and Johnny was a very attentive and experienced server. We have been back and shall continue to visit the fabulous and classy Oak Long Bar.

1  Thank Samantha B
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Sat at the bar and ordered a Martini. It came in a warm glass. I asked the bartender if they had chilled the glass. His response..."we don't have chilled martini glasses". Huh? So they dont, have ice and water at the
bar? Bar tender got angry when I explained to him how to chill the glass. This is clearly a training and customer service issue. Food wad pretty good and they actually had AC outlets under bar to charge phones. So the guy who designed the place was customer service oriented but the guy who runs the place clearly isn't.

1  Thank pubmitz