“Long wait at the Longbar” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of OAK Long Bar + Kitchen

OAK Long Bar + Kitchen
Ranked #24 of 161 Nightlife in Boston
Waterville, Maine
“Long wait at the Longbar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

We just finished eating at the Oak Longbar in Boston. We decided to give it a try after reading an article about it in a hotel magazine. I think they blew the budget on the magazine article. We waited nearly an hour for a table...we were told it would be about 45 minutes and they'd call when the table was ready. No call...had to go and ask. The menu was VERY limited. The drinks were overpriced. No bread no salad....I ordered the steak + Frittes (French fries) for$48 dollars. Ugh! I got a decent streak...should have been extraordinary with oversalted fries and a cold roasted garlic. The service was fair at best. I would NOT choose to eat here again.

Visited December 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Classy, upbeat and amazing cocktails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I attended the Oak Long Bar about two weeks ago and it has been my new spot in Boston since then. I sat at the bar and immediately was greeted by a bartender named Johnny. I told him I would like some cocktails and maybe a small bite to eat. He handed me a cocktail list. My boyfriend, Taylor, decided to do a Margarita and I chose the Basil Cucumber Collins. We cheers and settled into our night. Sitting back in those over sized comfy bar chairs we decided that Johnny made an incredible margarita and the Basil Cucumber Collins was my new favorite drink, it features an organic cucumber infused vodka. Johnny was very busy with other guests but kept an eye on us making sure we were okay with drinks. Taylor and I then decided to order some food. We tried the Wild-boar sausage pizza which was phenomenal!! The flatbread just melted in your mouth and was just enough as a meal for one or an appetizer for two. Overall, Taylor and I had a wonderful experience and Johnny was a very attentive and experienced server. We have been back and shall continue to visit the fabulous and classy Oak Long Bar.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Samantha B
NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Obviously poorly managed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Sat at the bar and ordered a Martini. It came in a warm glass. I asked the bartender if they had chilled the glass. His response..."we don't have chilled martini glasses". Huh? So they dont, have ice and water at the
bar? Bar tender got angry when I explained to him how to chill the glass. This is clearly a training and customer service issue. Food wad pretty good and they actually had AC outlets under bar to charge phones. So the guy who designed the place was customer service oriented but the guy who runs the place clearly isn't.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank pubmitz
Danvers, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“They lost that feeling”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Was so looking forward to the reopening of the Oak bar but the six of us were all disappointment with the change in atmosphere. The martini's have jumped to $22! Oh and the nice nuts are gone.

Visited July 2013
Watertown, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Disappointed - not the historic gem we expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I had been talking about going to this place to enjoy nice cocktails since we moved to the Boston area 3 years ago. We heard that it was completely remodeled to be a more contemporary atmosphere, catering more to young people, but we still had high hopes (even though we aren't that old - in our 30s). Just wasn't what we expected. I guess we were expecting an upscale bar with an intimate feel and an attentive bar staff. Instead, it was a large, busy, hotel bar basically. Nothing special. The bar staff actually took a while to take our order and then billed us incorrectly. They were swift to correct the error. The most disappointing part was that it wasn't the historic gem we thought it would be. The drinks were good. Nothing wrong with them, but again - nothing to write home about.My husband tried the St James. I'm pregnant, so I got the only nonalcoholic offering, "mixed juices," which was fine, but I've experienced more upscale concoctions at much less high-end spots.

Visited June 2013