“Black Rose - Boston”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Black Rose - Boston”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I stumbled upon the Black Rose during a recent trip to Boston. We were hungry and it was convenient. The location is great (just a block or so away from Faneuil Hall).

Overall, I don't have much negative to say about the restaurant. It's a typical American-Irish pub-style restaurant. Space inside is a little crowded, especially if you hit it during a rush. The restaurant is clean and nicely decorated with a relaxed atmosphere, and several of the waitstaff are clearly natives of Ireland, so it adds a feel of authenticity to the pub. The service was quite good, and our waitress was very attentive, pleasant, and always happy to give her opinions of menu items when asked. My husband and I each ordered an alcoholic drink (he the Irish coffee and I the Nutty Irishman); both drinks were well-mixed and tasty. Both of our meals (corned beef sandwich, bangers & mash) were lovely. The sausages (bangers) could have used more spice but tasted homemade and were well cooked. The potatoes (mash) were nice and creamy and topped with a nice gravy. For dessert, we split a slice of the Boston cream pie and both pronounced it delicious.

If/when we return to Boston, I think we will definitely visit the Black Rose again.

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Fareham, Hampshire
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Evening”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had a great evening here with good food and live music. Great Atmosphere and reasonable prices. Try and sit downstairs for the best atmosphere

Visited September 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great food, good serbive, live music every night, I cant go again too soon. close to the hilton and the aquarium.

Somerville, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“not exactly the kind of environment for a lady”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

did not feel very safe where i sat was pretty sticky so they wiped it down but still felt sticky and was not clean

Visited February 2012
Boise, Idaho
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Classic Irish Pub”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Nice little Irish Pub located near the waterfront and Fanuel Hall. The food was good. Our service wasn't stellar but considering the locating and atmosphere, we were willing to overlook that a bit. Enjoy the meal, but don't be tempted to have the bread pudding for dessert. I am being generous in saying that it wasn't great.