“Not impressed”
Review of The Fours

The Fours
Ranked #30 of 156 Nightlife in Boston
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stopped in for dinner before a game. Services was just OK - we had our app half eaten before she came back to take our order but we were not in a hurry so it wasn't a problem. We had potato skins for an app - very dry - not at all appetizing. My husband had a seafood and pasta dish that he liked. Mine however was not so good. By burger was underdone and still underdone after I sent it back, but the worst thing was the fries - it was like the oil hand't been changed in a week. Nasty. My sons meal came with a fudge brownie with cream - would have been better if they heated it and added a scoop of Ice cream. Also no chocolate milk - really? you have chocolate sauce, you have milk, mix them together - no brainer. The place itself was nice enough BUT I expect a lot better quality for my money - we won't be going back.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Liked the fours near the garden. Good place to kick back a few beers and snacks before the game. Memorabilia is cool. Drafts and Food are average.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stopped in here before going to the Neil Diamond concert and had a great dinner. We sat out on the patio and enjoyed watching everyone walk by . Our dinner was a little rushed as we watched a storm approach, tried to finish it under the umbrella before the down pour came. The let us hang out inside for awhile before the rain slowed down. Great Restaurant, and staff there. Would like to have another visit there, with out the rain.

1  Thank Beachglassgirl1
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I recently went to The Fours prior to a Celtics game. The establishment was recommended by a colleague of mine. We were going to meet up with friends at the restaurant and we arrived before our friends. We were two families, one party of five and another of three, for a total of eight. We did not think it would be a problem, we would get a table, order a drink and an appetizer, and enjoy while our friends arrived. We were the party of 5. Not so. We were told that they couldn't seat us until our total group arrived. Odd, I thought to myself, why would they not want our patronage during the brief wait until the second part of group arrived? Well, I am still not sure why but we complied and sat patiently until our friends arrived. The place was not busy at all as we were a couple of hours before the game. Our friends arrived and we were seated. Well, unfortunately we got the waitress from hell. Laura was her name. She gave us the impression that all she wanted us to do was order and leave. She was rude and impatient and herded us through our meal. She even had the audacity to bend over and start cleaning off the table while we were conversing and cut off the people who were trying to talk to each other. Early on, I informed her we wanted separate checks but she sneered and said that she had already begun the check but "she would see what she could do". Well after the meal, we got the check, only to find everything on one. I told her that we requested separate checks, and she sneeringly said we would have to split it up because "it would be too much of a problem for her". Now, this is the age of the computer and re-doing a check cannot be that complicated. Despite this, I held my tongue and began splitting up the check. As I got to the end, I found out why she felt so empowered to be such a miserable waitress. The 20% gratuity was included and she had nothing to lose. We I thought about talking to the manager but in the end, I just wanted to get away from this poison person.

The food was ok, not great. The prices were on the expensive side but not like at TD Garden!

I think you could find a much better place to part with your hard earned money.

1  Thank Raplh E
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My wife and stopped in to The Fours after a Boston Bruins game and I thought that it was a great way to end the evening. This establishment was recently named the top sports bar in the country by sports illustrated and it deserves that award (though Chickie and Pete's in Philly is right there). This place has been around since before the Bobby Orr days and the Boston sports feel is everywhere. The food is great ( steak tips are the best), appetizers are huge and drinks are just right. A great place to sit and eat but it might be a bit loud for intimate conversation.