“Cozy busy great ginger lemon martini”

The Elephant Walk South End
Reserve with OpenTable
The Elephant Walk South End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #269 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French, Cambodian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South End
Transit: Accessible by the Saint Mary's T-stop on the Green Line "C" Branch
Description: The Elephant Walk serves Award-Winning Cambodian and French cuisine with extensive vegetarian and gluten-free selections. Cambodian cooking is beautiful and delicious, but still rare in America. Less hot and sweet than Thai, richer and more complex than Vietnamese, the complex spice pastes that are the foundation of many Cambodian dishes reflect Cambodia's Indian ancestry (but use fresh rather than dried spices). Our Cambodian and French selections encompass both traditional and original dishes created by our Chef Nadsa de Monteiro, who was raised in Phnom Penh speaking both Cambodian and French and subsequently lived in France for many years. Our Cambodian-and-French theme is an authentic reflection of our roots!
pennsylvania
“Cozy busy great ginger lemon martini”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

John helpful informative waiter good advice pleasant when we asked for more time btw courses My husband needs this for digestion had the highly recommend Loc Loca and catfish loved both!
. many people here! lots of wait staff who are interested in service .We will come back -used Groupon to try new restaurants.

Boston, Massachusetts
“amazing french-camboadian”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

more here: http://molltk3.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-elephant-walk.html

Last weekend I headed out to a friend's birthday party at The Elephant Walk, a Cambodian-French restaurant with 3 locations in the Boston area. Never having experienced Cambodian food, but obviously a huge fan of French food, I went in with an open mind but minimal expectations, and was blown away by the amount of flavor packaged in these dishes. This is also one of the most accommodating restaurants I have been to, with a massive menu including both Cambodian, French, vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options, this is a great place to take a large group.

T started with the nataing; ground pork simmered in coconut milk with sliced garlic, peanuts and chili pods served with crispy rice (which felt & tasted just like unsweetened rice crispies).

I started with the rouleaux; crispy Cambodian spring rolls filled with mushrooms, peanut, noodles, carrot and onion with tuk trey for dipping. I shared only 2 of the 5...mmm.

Next T went with the crepe au canard et champignons; a warm crepe filled with duck braised in soy-ginger and tamaring juices, with mushroom and scallion. I had half and kept sneaking more...I don't even like duck but this was amaaaazing!

Although you reeeeally can't see it very well, for his entree T went with the dish I forced him to order (as I wanted half): loc lac; cubed beef tenderloin lightly caramalized in black pepper, garlic, and mushroom soy witt a lime dipping sauce. It was good, it didn't blow me away, and I was glad I ordered mine..which was the best dish of the night...

A dish of braised boneless short ribs with a gravy-like sauce, asparagus, and garlicky mashed potatoes...unbelievably tasty. One bite of the beef and my whole mouth was overwhelmingly filled with a whole bowl of beef stew. This dish is definitely in my top 5 last-meal requests.

For dessert T & I split the le peche au chocolate; a rich, creamy, chocolate truffle cake paired with a raspberry sauce. Tasty but extremely rich & filling, I would not recommend getting this on your own!

My only complaint is the fact that dinner took about 3 hours, with terribly slow service I was given 2 cocktails within the 3 hours...soooo sloooowwww. If the food wasn't amazing, I definitely would not go back...but it was...and I will be back when I have the time to spend waiting!

• Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Shadow of Its Former Self”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Elephant Walk was one of my favorite restaurants in Boston. I loved the variety of the menu and the artistic presentations on the plate. I always found the restaurant to be warm and inviting and when asked what to order by friends my answer was "it doesn't matter, it's all good." But if you will note, all this is written in the past tense. I went there a few months back and found the food to be less inspired and less well presented. But I figured that it was just an off night and I returned to try it again. Well this time, I found the food to be even less inspired and much less well presented. The spring rolls were tasty but overly greasy. And the presentation of my entree, a salmon dish, was not only uninspired, but it was actually unappetizing on the plate. The dessert however, chocolate truffle cake was outstanding. Time to find a new, favorite restaurant. I guessed I should have realized something was up, when a popular restaurant like The Elephant Walk had to resort to Groupon to get people in the door. Oh Well!

• Visited February 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Bountiful good tasting food but very poor service”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Bountiful good tasting food but very poor service. We had to beg the waiter to attend to us during a Sunday evening dinner. The food is very good and the service must be better.

Lexington, Massachusetts
“Great”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

A restaurant with a different approach -it's menu is quite diverse and it is hard to imagine anyone not finding something that will please them. Whatever the choice may be, the food will be good and the atmosphere and service will be similar. For a different type of dining experience (which we can't really describe) by all means come to this place - you won't be sorry.

Visited February 2012