“Order a Cambodian Dish”

The Elephant Walk South End
Reserve with OpenTable
The Elephant Walk South End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #397 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Cambodian, French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South End
Transit: Accessible by the Saint Mary's T-stop on the Green Line "C" Branch
Description: The Elephant Walk serves Award-Winning Cambodian and French cuisine with extensive vegetarian and gluten-free selections. Cambodian cooking is beautiful and delicious, but still rare in America. Less hot and sweet than Thai, richer and more complex than Vietnamese, the complex spice pastes that are the foundation of many Cambodian dishes reflect Cambodia's Indian ancestry (but use fresh rather than dried spices). Our Cambodian and French selections encompass both traditional and original dishes created by our Chef Nadsa de Monteiro, who was raised in Phnom Penh speaking both Cambodian and French and subsequently lived in France for many years. Our Cambodian-and-French theme is an authentic reflection of our roots!
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is the second location of Elephant Walk I've tried and it didn't disappoint.

This is a French Cambodian fusion place but the Cambodian dishes definitely steal the show. This time I tried the Trey Ang, which came with a side of rice and pickled cauliflower. The sauce that came on the side was tangy and I wanted to pour it over everything. The fish was fresh and I definitely recommend it so long as you don't mind seeing a whole fish on your plate, head included. It was deboned, thankfully.

There is also a separate bar area that looked like a good place for a post-work drink. I made reservations and was 15 minutes late. The hostess was gracious about it and sat us with no problem.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

When EW first opened, I had gone with my husband and some friends and it was a truly magical experience. The food was different, the ambiance was buzzy and the company was great. Flash forward a few years and I visit with my college roomates. The food was still different, the ambiance still felt buzzy and the company better than before. Our appetizers were great--rouleaux and nataing-yum. I love spring rolls--add in fresh lettuce, basil, mint and a dipping sauce and I'm happy. At that point I should have stuck to apps or a soup--my fish dish was a little soupy, and it wasn't a soup. My girlfriend had the quinoa gratin which was a good comfort food and my other girlfriend had the Mee Siem noodle dish--this was the winner of the bunch.

1  Thank momsadreamer
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The staff is innovative and accommodating and prepared a special post-wedding brunch that eliminated the need to thrumb through a menu. All choices were well described and made ordering and serving easy. The food was exotic and creative and wonderful.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I didn't think there was great value for money at this restaurant.. The food was good but not worth paying $30 - $40 / person... Nice if you want to go out for a romantic meal and want asian food

1  Thank Virag K
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We went to The Elephant Walk for lunch after reading all the good reviews. And although I can´t say that the meal or there restaurant were bad, I can´t also say that the food really stood out and that it is likely that I will go back.

We ordered the rouleax as a starter, and to me it was just another spring roll. Our entrees were the Trek Tung Peng Pah and the grilled tofu and vegetables in a green ginger sauce. The flavors of the 2 entrees were nice, but both were on the sweet side. I have never had Cambodian food before so I may not the best judge, but I would prefer a Thai meal and its outstanding flavors over this since it seemed to lack a wide flavor palette.