“3 days of super convinience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel 140

Hotel 140
Ranked #50 of 83 Hotels in Boston
bangalore
“3 days of super convinience”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I booked this hotel as i was attending a program at the Harvard school of Public health last month. Since i arrived in New York, I decided to take the Amtrak to Boston. One of the major pluses with this property is that it is about 100 meters away from Backbay Station. I mean I walked down to the station. The hotel is located in the downtown area around Copley Square with easy access to the Prudential Tower as well as Copley Square Mall. The rooms are kinda a smallish though so one should bear that in mind while travelling. 2 large suitcases and you may have to play Hop - Skip & Jump in the room. This hotel is located in YWCA building and has an eclectic mix of guests who walk in through its lobby doors. I found the hotel very friendly and would like to mention the names of 2 staff "Steve" & Macever" ( i hope i got the second name right)...they were both very helpful and actually one of them helped me turn the shower faucet as it was stuck for some reason (in the middle of the night). Despite its small rooms and lack of B'fast room, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Boston (primarily for its convineinent location and super helpful staff)

Room Tip: rooms are small so travel light
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ariz_rizvi
Boston-Hotel140, Director of Sales at Hotel 140, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thanks so much for sharing a little about your experience at hotel140! We are so glad that you were pleased with our fabulous staff and unbeatable location. We cannot wait to welcome you during your next visit to Boston.

Hotel140 Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Greene, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Great location, close (one block) to conference we were attending at the Westin Copley Square. Very polite and friendly staff. The room was very small but nice and clean. Great price for the location. Didn't hear traffic noise but did hear some kind of compressor and the little fridge was very noisy. The beds were soft and we would have slept great if not for the little noises.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sassanach_12
Thank you very much for your feedback. During your next visit, we will certainly find you a quieter location. We are so glad that you were pleased with hotel140's staff and location. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Taunton, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I booked this hotel for a nice weekend getaway and was more than pleased!! I was absolutely shocked at it's value. Walking distance to Newbury and Boylston street. Tons of excellent restaurants. Received a lot of tips on restaurants from the helpful and enthusiastic front desk manager Matt Whormes. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank CarlaP529
Boston-Hotel140, Director of Sales at Hotel 140, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are thrilled that you were pleased with your experience at hotel140. The location is certainly perfect for those looking to explore the city! We look forward to your next stay with us!

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I booked this hotel and really hoped that it would live up to my expectations. Recent reviews are mixed, most complaints about noise, loud heating system and small facilities. Well here goes. I checked in with a very polite young lady who directed me to my room, and made sure I had everything I needed to get around the city, including maps, information about the transit system and local places to eat. I was interested in a juice bar and she directed me to one that was close by. My room (712) was immaculate, small, but no more than I needed. The stand up shower was a bit on the small side but then again, nothing that would keep me from coming back. Flat screen tv, fridge, small set of drawers, queen bed, free wireless. The heat was adequate, but I do agree with others that they should have heavier blankets in January. No problem when I asked for an extra blanket...they brought one right up for me. Outside my room there was a small meeting room and on both mornings, people were mingling outside that room and though they didn't know it, their voices were carrying right into my room. I did peek out and ask them to take their conversations elsewhere and they politely apologized and moved away from my door. My advise to late sleepers is to NOT book a room near this meeting space. It tends to get noisy...and I am not a light sleeper. I would imagine the room set up on floors above and below are exactly the same, so when I return, and I will, I will book on another floor. I give the hotel, staff, accomodations a big thumbs up. This hotel is a diamond in the rough of huge hotels in the area. The metro station is right around the corner, so I didn't need to drive a car, or worry about parking it for $$$ every day. Took amtrack from CT right to Back Bay station, walked a block and I was there. Can't wait to share this gem with my friends! Great job, Hotel 140! I'll be back!

Room Tip: 7th floor has a small meeting room in the middle of rooms 712-715. If you are a light sleeper, I rec...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Deanna I
Boston-Hotel140, Director of Sales at Hotel 140, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay with us! We are thrilled that you were pleased with the staff and guest room. Per your request, we would be happy to find you a room in a quieter area during your next visit. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit!

Khabarovsk, Russia
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My best friend and I just checked out from Hotel 140. I just wanted to say that this was my best trip to Boston! I love our hotel - its location, our apartment and the staff most of all. I actually made a lot of friends in here. And MacGyver is the best one! We even went to NY together, he showed us the city and he helped us in everything we asked for. Thanks to him our trip was really funny so I will never forget it. And I'll be back for sure! 'Cause 4 weeks weren't enough to enjoy. Thank you everyone for making our stay so so amazing. I'm going to miss everyone:(

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Masha T
Boston-Hotel140, Director of Sales at Hotel 140, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our hotel staff. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in Boston and we hope to see you again soon!

Lemoyne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Definitely qualifies as a "boutique" hotel. This is a clean and well run hotel in a convenient Back Bay location near everything. Boston is a great walking city and there is no better area to start from than the Back Bay. There were no "strange" people wandering the halls during our stay. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and service was above par. The only drawback was the small size of the room. It would be adequate for one person, but was cramped for two people. Not exactly a room in which you would choose to have a room service dinner. Loved the old phots used for decor from its days as a YWCA residence.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JudyTomB
Thank you very much for your feedback! Our location certainly cannot be beat and we are so glad that you were able to take advantage of that. Please come see us again soon.

Natal, RN
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The extraordinary care, the attention, the excellent tips on what to do and what to see in Boston provided by the receptionist Julieta. She is a Brazilian super helpful, they really did everything to make our stay the best possible. No doubt, I recommend the Hotel 140.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ednardo2014
Thank you for your kind words about Hotel140 and our front desk staff. Feedback is always appreciated and we would like to continue to provide you with great service in the future! We look forward to your next stay with us.