“Decline of BBC”
Review of Boston Ballet

Boston Ballet
Ranked #81 of 400 things to do in Boston
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was so disappointed this Season with the Boston Ballet's Close to Chuck. We are tired of seeing the same dancers year after year and all so young and tiny it is like watching a little child's performance. I have enjoyed some of their performances in the past; however, unless they begin to bring in new talent they will lose many season subscribers. We need mature dancers particularly the males. I do not recommend visitors to waste money. Use the half-price kiosk the day of performances. Next Season I will attend Swan Lake - That is it!!

1  Thank Philip W
There are newer reviews for Boston Ballet

Reviewed March 17, 2014

After such a wonderful time at the Nutcracker this winter I ended up getting a four ballet pass! Going to the ballet regularly has been such a wonderful highlight to help me get through the lasting New England winter.

The theater is great, and it is hard to find a "not good" seat. The seats are a bit small if you're on the tall side, but part of the beauty of the theater is how much of the historic look has been preserved.

So far the Nutcracker and Close to Chuck have been outstanding! I am so very excited to see Cinderella next and do not doubt that I will be in awe. It was worth every penny of the subscription, and I'm already excited for next season!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Almost 30 years I've been going to Boston Ballet and they are a phenomenal dance company. I've been to well over 500 performances of Boston Ballet during my time.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was my very first ballet and I must say I did not know quite what to expect but was looking forward to it from what my wife had told me. We went to the morning show on Christmas eve before flying to Italy and it was a highlight of the trip for me. The opera house itself is something to behold. It is so beautiful, like something you would see in Europe. It was so nice to just stroll around there before the show. My wife plays the Nutcracker CD at home all the time so I was very familiar with the music. It was high on her "to do" list in life to see this show so I bought front row centre tickets and they were amazing. I have grown to quite like classical music and especially enjoy actually watching the musicians as they play. We had a million dollar view into the orchestra pit and I switched between watching them and the ballet. The ballet was out of this world. I will make the 8 hour drive from Canada again JUST to see the ballet in Boston. That "snowfall scene" was out of this world. You hit it out of the park and the orchestra never missed a beat. They sounded identical to the CD I've listened to dozens of times when my wife plays it. What an absolutely wonderful experience for someone who is usually much more comfortable and happy fishing in a boat somewhere. That says a lot! The dancers and everything were beyond compare. I was truly blown away and would go back every year if I lived there and buy tickets for my family as presents so that they could see it too! Bravo!

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We attended a performance of The Nutcracker in December. The show was beautifully done but by far the most memorable was the opera house. Ornate ceilings and walls with gilding lent the show a feeling of grandeur. Everywhere we looked, there was something gorgeous to see.
We were visitors to Boston and were thrilled by the show and this amazing theater. Don't miss ut uf you go during the holidays. Splendor.