“My first Nutcracker in years” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 379 things to do in Boston
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“My first Nutcracker in years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I thought I would like to do something artistic in the few days I had in Boston last year. I was lucky to get a ticket for the Nutcracker whcih I had not watcdhed for years. It was a snowy afternoon Saturday afternoon but the eagerness with which the audience was waiting for the ballet to start was contagious. I had a lovely seat though not one of the expensive ones, what can I say? Greatly enjoyed it. Memorable

Visited December 2012

nyc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“bravo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

A talented team of dancers. The opera house is cramped - more than the company's old home at the Wang - but beautiful.

Visited December 2012
Holland, Massachusetts
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Love!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Beautiful dancers, wonderful music, such talent. The opera house is beautiful, but smaller than the wang. I felt a little squished in the seats and I am 5'1.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Niki S
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous performance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Boston Opera House is lovely, but the dancing was beyond lovely!

Visited February 2012
Needham, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Three ballets in Simply Sublime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were able to get mezzanine seats for a weeknight performance, which allowed us to see the patterns on the stage from above. The first ballet was very beautiful and calm set to music by Chopin; the second was energetic and rather geometric, set to music by Ligeti, and the third dance was a Ballanchine-choreographed dance to music by Stravinsky. Wonderful dance and wonderful performances by the musicians in the Boston Ballet orchestra and by the pianist for the Ligeti.

Visited February 2012

Been to Boston Ballet? Share your experiences!