WINNER WONDERLAND

70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Simply beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I visited the Opera House since I was going to see The Nutcracker, and I loved both things: the building is really well preserved, with beautiful paintings inside and it's just a lovely place; and The Nutcracker was a version I'd never seen before, but I think it was my all time favorite.

Visited December 2011

Longwood, Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Nutcracker - Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

From the outside, who would have guess the size or the extravagance of this facility. Online seating chart a bit hard tio discern, but with the help of the Box Office, bought 2 tickets for the Nutcracker on the second level at a good price. Great view of the stage which I suspect was true for just about anywhere in the facility. Catch any performance here if you want to see truly old world charm at its best.

Visited November 2012
Norfolk, Massachusetts
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great Venue! Great Show!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Saw the traveling production of "Warhorse" in this beautiful theatre today. First of all, if you haven't seen the production see- it in a theatre....how they bring the horses to life is incredible - you forget they are puppets....The Boston Opera House is gorgeous! The gilded ceiling, the crystal chandelers! Beautiful. We sat up in the mezzanine and felt like we were almost on stage. At intermission getting a refreshment was pretty quick, but the prices were high for pinot noir in a plastic cup. We had an enjoyable afternoon (we had gone to a matinee), and had tons of options for a nice dinner afterwards. Parking was easily accessible and for the time of the show and dinner afterwards, parking only ran us about $20.00.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Ellen C
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“A beautiful venue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went to Boston for our anniversary and to see Ben Harper solo at the opera house. It is a gorgeous venue with great acoustics. It is located in the theatre district in easy walking distance from downtown. We would highly recommend seeing a show!

Boston, Massachusetts
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Perfect size and setting for performances”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Opera House is one of my favorite venues for theatre and music. I've sat in different sections, and even from the back of the balcony you have a good view. As other people mentioned, they've figured out how to keep the customers happy...the attendant in the ladies room keeps things moving, so no long waits at intermission. Overall, it's a very well maintained and managed theatre.

Visited October 2012