“what a find”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: between Baldwin Pl & Jerusalem Pl
Transit: N Washington St @ Thacher St (111, 89/93, 92, 93); Haymarket Station - Outbound (Orange Line); Haymarket Station - Inbound (Orange Line)
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and i were walking down the street and saw this tiny restuarant with open seats at the bar. We walked in and ordered a couple of glasses of wine. After a bit we decided to order an appetizer.It was so good we decided to stay for dinner. Now if you want to be waited on hand and foot,this is not the place for you. But if you appreciate a hard working staff,in a compact area, serving delicious food, do not miss it.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were visiting the area from Michigan and were SO SO glad to have stopped here. The service was beyond Outstanding and the food unbelievably delicious. Our waiter gave us top notch service and we had so much fun. The stuffed lobster, risotto, lobster ravioli and calamari were the best we have had. Even though we were full from our dinner and drinks, the lemoncello (sp?) was so smooth and yummy, not to mention the cannoli that melted in your mouth. All in all we highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area. We have already told some friends that are going to be visiting Boston soon. Thank you very much for the amazing service and food! We will most definitely be visiting again :))

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Came in and we all ordered egg plant for $12.95. Ten minutes later we were told no eggplant. Ordered items NOT ON menu. GOT BILL AND SPAGHETTI WAS $21.95 CHICKEN PARM $19.95. Thought they were trying to get more revenue. We should of asked how much the items were. We did complain and the cook finally adjusted bill to half. The food was outstanding. But the place was disorganized. Table seating messed up. Sat us at bar and scrambled to get us a table. Very unprofessional.

2  Thank buickdeals
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a nice dinner here that cost us $100 more than any other dinner we had while in Boston. The thing is, half the menu items were not available and more than half the wines on their list were not available. Specials were available and the most expensive items on the menu.
The North End gets a tremendous amount of tourists coming in to eat at the Italian restaurants and it's difficult to find a place where you don't have to wait for an hour for a table, so we stopped here and were able to be seated right away. Really nice table right in the open window. The servers were lovely and the food was average, but not what you would hope for from the North End. The cost was way, way too much.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Let me start by saying I don't normally eat Italian food out.. That being said, my husband and I went to the North End for the St. Anthony's Feast. We have never been to the Feast and I really wanted to experience it. What caught my eye about Pasta e Pomodoro was so cute and so reminiscent of what I picture an open air cafe in Italy would be we decided to eat here. What really made me choose this restaurant was that I noticed it had the Trip Advisor logo, Phantom Gourmet, and other Accolades posted on its door as a tried and trusted establishment.... Well..Yes and No.......The food was delicious. I ordered the Spinach Ravioli with Chicken in a cream sauce with red peppers. My husband ordered the special of the day, Bolognese which was equally delicious. But that is where my compliments end. Ok, when we sat down and were going to order a drink from the menu we were told that none of the Martinis or Wines were available with no explanation????? Ok, fine.. They had had only 2 kinds of Vodka, Grape and Raspberry and Lime Rum..that was it..nothing else..I thought that was extremely strange...but again, we took it in stride and ordered from what was available.. When the waitress who was very inattentive brought over the stale bread and oil, the dish with the oil had a deep chip in it.. something she should have noticed before putting it on the table... If it weren't for the fact the food was so good I would have been extremely disappointed..but because the food made up for the waitstaff shortcomings I can give an average rating to this restaurant.. This was my first time in the North End and I was not impressed at all