“great food and service”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Tremont Street
Transit: Green Line Boylston Street Stop Walk Down Tremont to corner to Stuart Take a Right on Stuart we are 3 doors down on the right
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great find in the theater district of Boston! We were seated promptly without reservations and there were only a few patrons when we arrived around 5PM on a Saturday night, but the restaurant began filling up gradually while we were there. The service was excellent, and we received our meals quickly. Our meals were delicious!! Highly recommend!

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate at Tantric prior to a show and had a terrific meal (our meal was a lot better than the show we saw!). They reserved us a sizeable and comfortable booth (always pays to reserve ahead). Our apps (sams) and the garlic naan were great as were our main meals. The waiter asked what spice level we wanted which allowed us to get exactly what we wanted (mild for me and spicy for my hubby). I had the Butter Chicken which had a lot of flavor in a thick, silky sauce. For those who don't realize, authentic Indian can be very spicy so be aware. We'd highly recommend dinner here because of the excellent food and reasonable price (for the city).

Reviewed May 10, 2014

The days of this being a great place to go to before the theater and not have it be crowded or rushed are apparently long gone. Reservations are a MUST on a theater night, keep that in mind, dear reader. The interior of the restaurant is very nice and the service was very friendly. The cocktail selection is very good and we enjoyed the wine flights as well, a fun thing to have a wine tasting, pleasantly unexpected, since we were not in a wine bar. The food, well, we very much enjoyed our appetizers of vegetable samosas and the cauliflower gobi manchurian. The garlic naan was also excellent. However, our mains were essentially inedible due to the extreme level of spicy pepper heat. And, the lamb vindaloo - the lamb was rubbery and tough. Our server, upon taking our orders, asked if we wanted our dishes spicy or medium. WHY we did not say mild, I will always question myself - she should have given mild as an option, because let me say emphatically that medium was hot beyond hot!! We LOVE Indian food, we eat it OFTEN - we enjoy spice - but what they called medium, seriously, was outrageous. We should have sent the dishes back. I wonder if there was a mistake in the kitchen, because even my husband who loves seriously spicy food, had a scalp that was perspiring and a tongue that was burning! I honestly do not think we will return.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Whilst in Boston Tantric was 400yds from our hotel. We had an excellent meal and the service was very good. It was also reasonably priced too. Beware the spicy poppadom's a though!! These are hot!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

While traveling to work for Boston this is definetely my go to spot for Indian food. The food is great! I was surprised actually, finding an amazing restaurant so close to the office, away from home! The drinks are amazing also!! I've ordered the garlic naan, malai kofta, paneer makahani...all extra spicy ...and its amazing! The servers are so nice and very helpful. The atmosphere is also amazing. I highly recommend this restaurants to everyone who loves indian food!