“This is an elegant restaurant in a historic building with very good food, excellent service, and romantic ambience.”
Review of Smith & Wollensky

Smith & Wollensky
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #380 of 3,319 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Columbus
Transit: Arlington/Back Bay
Description: Eat like royalty in Boston’s most famous castle. Indulge your senses and sense of history with the unique dining experience of our Boston steakhouse. Located in a historic stone and brick “castle” built in 1891, the structure originally served as the headquarters for the First Corps of Cadets and is listed on the National Historic Register. The first floor gunroom, social hall, and museum floor have been converted to the main dining room. The castle also boasts an impressive collection of private dining rooms, and the fourth floor Battle Room is one of Boston’s most coveted locations for large parties. Create a memorable evening by requesting our “behind the scenes” tour.
Reviewed May 7, 2009

Overrated, stuffy atmosphere.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 22, 2009

not enough imported wine selection

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 6, 2009

Bringing my daughter back to college this past Sunday we stopped at Smith and Wollensky’s for a wonderful dinner. While I am a fan of their Vegas and New York locations, the old castle ambience and décor of the Boston location made the experience even better.

My wife and daughter shared the Oscar style filet, my son and I had the Cajun bone-in ribeye, which is the best steak I have ever eaten. We all shared the onion rings and the delicious Mac and cheese. For desert we had the triple Crème Brule.

Our twin servers, Jen and Victoria provided great, easygoing, and knowledgeable service.

My only regret is that I did not try the Dover sole; however, the bone-in ribeye is just too good to pass up.

1  Thank NikosQ

Been to Smith & Wollensky? Share your experiences!