“Simplicity with elegance”
Review of Smith & Wollensky

Smith & Wollensky
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #369 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Columbus
Transit: Arlington/Back Bay
Description: Eat like royalty in Boston’s most famous castle. Indulge your senses and sense of history with the unique dining experience of our Boston steakhouse. Located in a historic stone and brick “castle” built in 1891, the structure originally served as the headquarters for the First Corps of Cadets and is listed on the National Historic Register. The first floor gunroom, social hall, and museum floor have been converted to the main dining room. The castle also boasts an impressive collection of private dining rooms, and the fourth floor Battle Room is one of Boston’s most coveted locations for large parties. Create a memorable evening by requesting our “behind the scenes” tour.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The location of this restaurant is very good in you are in Boston Downtown Crossing area ( not much to do) and the continuously surprising Boston water front, in fact this restaurant is on the Harbor walk. I was in a private party, we were about 20, I would recommend it for these kind of events, the food was good and the service was excellent. Although this is a stake house, I was disappointed about the filet mignon, it was dry, I should have complained but since I was a guest in the party I did not. The side dishes and the wollensky salad I would recommend. Hard to make comments in price, I was a guest, but in the menu in website you can see prices. 30 dollars for a dry filet mignon I think is too much.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The food was an really good and was faultless as was the service my wife enjoyed one of their cocktails which delightful and I enjoyed the local beer. Great surroundings

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Spent a lovely evening here helped by attentive but not OTT wait staff who looked after all we needed. Steak was amazing but be warned the side portions could feed four people easily so listen to your waiter and reduce your side orders by half at least

Reviewed March 29, 2014

On the water in Boston, this restaurant with bar hits the perfect note in terms of atmosphere, accommodations and service. The bar staff were prepared to handle a good sized after-work crowd, and did so with professionalism. Appeared that they new quite a few of the regulars on a first name basis. Many people were also having dinner here, and the raw seafood plates that I saw rolling by were extraordinary in appearance and presentation. There are a few dining areas that are partitioned from the bar area by sliding glass doors. A little pricey on the drinks, but its worth it. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

my good friend and I enjoyed a night out at S&W at the castle location. That particular night, it was not very busy. I ordered from the restaurant week menu which was a good deal, but the a la carte menu was quite expensive but par for the course for upscale steak houses in boston. i would say that the food was of good quality but not earth shattering. We thought the service was first class and our waiter was quite experienced. we would go back again, but I would rate the experience at capital grille and ruth's chris higher than S&W. Despite that, its a good experience.

Been to Smith & Wollensky? Share your experiences!