“Absolutely wonderful”
Review of Smith & Wollensky

Smith & Wollensky
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #355 of 3,319 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Columbus
Transit: Arlington/Back Bay
Description: Eat like royalty in Boston’s most famous castle. Indulge your senses and sense of history with the unique dining experience of our Boston steakhouse. Located in a historic stone and brick “castle” built in 1891, the structure originally served as the headquarters for the First Corps of Cadets and is listed on the National Historic Register. The first floor gunroom, social hall, and museum floor have been converted to the main dining room. The castle also boasts an impressive collection of private dining rooms, and the fourth floor Battle Room is one of Boston’s most coveted locations for large parties. Create a memorable evening by requesting our “behind the scenes” tour.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We went for our anniversary on Valentines Day, and we were not disappointed. The food was second to none, the service was excellent and the overall experience was memorable. Ask for a table in the Library Room!!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife and I booked a reservation less than a week before our Saturday anniversary dinner. From the moment we arrived, we received nothing but fantastic service from our waiter Greyson. S&M provided us a complementary champagne toast for our anniversary. The drinks were strong but tasty. The Wollensky house salad is definitely the way to go with delicious button mushrooms and generous bacon chunks. My wife got the filet trio and loved it. I got the filet & lobster tail, the lobster tail much bigger than I anticipated and was delicious. The truffle mac & cheese side is absolutely recommended. Lastly, I would recommend any of the dessert chances as we were afforded the ability to sample the chocolate cake, coconut cake and carrot cake and all were delectable. This was our first time at Smith & Wollensky's and will absolutely not be our last.

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Firstly I will disclose that I am not a steakhouse groupie. We went as our friend is and he wanted to go. The place was very quiet post-Xmas. The service was good. The food was good as well but not as good as my previous visit. Also given the amount of money charged - the place needs a little sprucing. Small stuff- touch up painting etc.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My son and I decided to create a new tradition. We wanted to go out for "scotch and steaks and cigars." We were looking for a traditional steak restaurant for the event. My son chose Smith & Wollensky.

The evening was great and gave us a chance to talk and catch up. Smith & Wollensky's selection of single malt scotches was excellent (although the opportunity for a tasting flight would have been nice) and their bar is excellent.

The steaks were terrific. I ordered the 10 oz au prevoir filet and my son ordered a 16 oz strip. Both were prepared exactly as requested and.were excellent.

Great service, not at all intrusive but on the spot when warranted.

A new tradition has been born.

If only we could have smoked the cigars directly after dinner!

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I was there with large group. Food was ok nothing spectacular and service was annoying and intrusive. They were more interested in cleaning the table then anything else.

1  Thank Marq L

Been to Smith & Wollensky? Share your experiences!