“Super pizza Great homemade sorbet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Picco Restaurant

Picco Restaurant
Ranked #136 of 3,186 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South End
Palatine, Illinois
“Super pizza Great homemade sorbet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stopped here for lunch to get away from the hustle and bustle of dt Boston. We took the OT trolley to stop #6 and walked 15 min(about 1/2 mile). Very worth it. Walked back to stop #8 -again about 15 min(same distance). Loved the quietness of the area. We ate outside and it was perfect! The pizza was incredible! Wood burning stove and delicious! We had homemade sorbet and ice cream for a treat at the end. Their hot fudge was to die for!!(I think all the walking in this city helps burn it off!) Would definitely come again to the South End to get away from the craziness of the downtown area.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank mjb00

Belfast
“Longer beer menu than food menu - but food was good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

The restaurant is on Tremont Street, near Clarendon. This is close to our B&B and was recommended by our hosts.
We got a beer while waiting for our table (only five minutes) and the barman gave me samples of ones I was interested in. Had Mac'n'Cheese and a pizza and both were nice. My better half was more impressed than I was, but don't take that to mean I thought it was poor. It was good value
I did find it a little odd that there were as many, if not more, beer choices than eating choices.
Good atmosphere though - a real buzz going on on a Saturday night

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank DeeJayDee
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Soo good went back again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

this was just a short walk from the Loews Hotel and worth going there, great prices, great pizzas, loved the salads, fab service and fab ice cream.... unsure on what to drink ask the waitress, say what you are looking for and they will let you try a taster to see if you like it.
we loved this find and returned - Pizza's are cooked well done - but just ask and they will change it so not so well cooked. Great place to go.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ros D
Boston, MA
“Average at best, possibly below”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I had to check twice that I am reviewing the same place everyone else is raving about... Seriously if you are not having their pizza you could probably cook better food at your own home.

My friend and I went there for lunch today. The appetizers we had, bruschetta and some cauliflower dish, were not impressive at all. Upon mentioning that to our server he took them back and off the bill- so for that I give top marks for service.

For lunch my friend had the chef salad which was not exciting at all, and I had the spinach salad with chicken (apparently with chicken means two little tiny chicken breast cubes, as in a pair of dice).

For dessert we had the brownie with ice cream. Seriously, all of these dishes could have been cooked in a home kitchen- there was never a wow, or anything remotely interesting about them.

So although the food was disappointing, the service was great- attentive and wonderful. That's the only reason I have two stars and not one.

Needless to say, I'm not going back.

Barrie, Ontario
“Accidental discovery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We arrived in Boston after a long day, found our B&B on Montgomery Street and set out to find a local place to eat. After cruising up Tremont Street and debating the options we walked into Picco's. We were greeted promptly and offered seating either in or outdoors on the patio area. Started with a wonderful house salad, a flavourful green salad with a bit of a bite to the dressing and followed up with the Calzone. The pizza's and Calzone are baked in a wood fired oven and prepared to well done however you can ask your server if you prefer it less done. Andy had the spaghetti putanesca and found the pasta a little under cooked but the sauce was delicious, for dessert we had the yummy homemade ice cream.

• Visited June 2014