“Bad day?”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South End
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Hope Picco was having a bad day. Picco has been our "to go place" since it opened. We eat once a month at Picco. Today, was the first time that I was disappointed. The pizza is usually cooked well done, but today the pizza was burnt to a crisp. The pie crust is different. The calzone had no ricotta (despite the fact that it comes with ricotta and I did not ask for no ricotta). We ordered the daily pizza "pork belly with spiced aioli". Pizza did not have any spicy aioli. We were unable to finish our pizza.

3  Thank Mercy8

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I went with some friends to this place for the first time and I didn't know that it was so busy like that ! The food was alright but not like I was expected , we got the pizza and we have decided to put Gruyere on it for an extra $ 3,50 . It was a mistake because we didn't found the gruyere taste.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is such a great neighborhood restaurant. The atmosphere is buzzing but it is also cozy. The pizza was great, many unusual combinations, although I thought the highlight was the Neopolitan over the brussels and butternut squash. For dessert we finished with the ice cream sampler and tried three flavors. Chocolate sorbet was smooth and creamy, hard to believe it didn't have dairy in it. The peanut butter chip was also delicious.

1  Thank 23222Lisa
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Excellent pizza popular with the locals. Imaginative toppings, pizzas baked in an open flame oven (just a tad too hot for my finicky tastes, but that's just me). Also a fine collection of craft beers and ales on tap. Interestingly, the co-specialty is ice cream, which we didn't try.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

OK, I clearly blow all calorie counting out the window when I go here but it's worth it! This place is always hoppin' busy so either get there before 6:30 or be prepared to wait - at the bar if there's a space. They have very good food that's all made on the premises, including the yummy ice cream, and reasonable prices so, combined with a small space it's what I call "competitive eating". They only take reservations for groups of 8 or more so unless you have a large group try to go early. I love their pizza but unless you specify otherwise they make it what they call "well done" which tastes burnt to me. I asked for mine to not be well done and then I'm happy! They also have decently priced wines by the glass - basically in the $8 to $10 range and not the miserly normal Boston pour! This is also a family friendly place - very casual and can be quite noisy which is the downside. In warm weather they have tables and chairs outside and that helps supply equal demand a little better than in the winter!