“Seafood dishes with a twist......”
Review of Neptune Oyster

Neptune Oyster
Ranked #20 of 3,319 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Had a great lunch at Neptune. We were there just around noon time on a weekday so we got seated fairly quickly. Had we come 15 minutes later, there would have a been a wait. The yellow fin tuna with avocado spread on Iggy's baguette was great. The North End Cioppino was very savory with a hint of chili giving it the right touch. The restaurant is small so seating capacity is very limited. Big selection for wine by the glass. Great service. All in all, strongly recommend. Prices are on the high side.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,655)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Everything we ate here was SO good!!! We came in on a Wednesday at around 4:30pm, so there was no wait or overcrowded tables. It was really relaxed and our food came right away. Our waitress was so nice and was quick with getting our orders and refilling our water. We had the johnnycakes with trout and sturgeon caviar and the special Kombu and citrus cured salmon with ginger soy to start. Then we tried the Hot lobster roll, because of all the yelp reviewers loving it. The hot lobster roll was so buttery and they did not skimp on the lobster (huge chunks piled super high). I would have to agree with the other reviewers, the fries that came with the roll were soggy and oddly dark brown, but we finished them. We also had to get oysters, because it is an oyster bar after all. The Well Fleet and Bee's River were very buttery and full of flavor and I can't wait to go back to order them again. I will definitely have to make a trip here every time I come to Boston.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

this restaurant is good. but I had high expectations given the reviews I read online, and it just didn't live up to those expectations. we got the fried oyster/pork appetizer and it was ok but not particularly exciting. I got a monkfish and rabbit entrée which didn't have a lot of flavor. yes, the fish was cooked perfectly but the dish was rather boring. my husband ordered steak (yes, I know, it's a seafood place) and that was good but the frites were nothing special. we are locals so we know what boston has to offer in the way of seafood. we didn't have anything from the raw bar and perhaps that's where we erred. however, there are enough places in boston that have amazingly fresh seafood in their raw bar AND also great entrees- b&g oysters and island creek oyster come to mind.

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Was recommended Neptunes didn't disappoint excellent fresh local fish. The shrimp and grits special was fantastic. A great restaurant

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Some of the best seafood I have ever had! We had to wait a while, but met some locals while waiting who told us this was the best place to get seafood in town. My husband and I had some raw oysters which were great, and both had the hot lobster roll. The lobster roll was AMAZING. It was fresh and flavorful. The fries were meh, but that's not what we were there for. Service and atmosphere were great too! A little pricey, but well worth it.

1  Thank MegAlvarado