“Buttery Perfection”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Does this place live up to all the hype? YES! It truly has the best lobster roll in Boston, possibly the world. It is served warm sans mayo on a buttered brioche bun with huge pieces of lobster meat. The chunks of lobster are outstanding. Yea, you have to sit at a bar but that's part of the fun! I can't comment on the oysters, as I did not try them. I have had dreams about that delicious lobster roll.

1  Thank CeleryIsGross

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We chose this restaurant to try the hot vs. cold lobster roll. My wife and I split, so we had half of each. Our preference ran to the cold - however, I wouldn't turn down the hot. Great place, sat at the bar and watched the oysters being shucked. Very small seating area, seemed easy for two to get in, but larger parties were a problem.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

i didnt even try the food since i was very dissappointed with the server. i came it was too full, they asked me to come again after 20 minutes, after 20 minutes i came back and there is one seat available by the bar, but it was too cramp to squeeze in for one people. but the server annoyingly told me to "figure out myself how to squeeze in the space" and she walked away.
i know u r tired but respect your customer. i was never rude to server, so i decided to walked away. and the food is kinda overprice.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

So I was in Boston for a week with a bunch of teachers getting in deep for colonial history and didn't get around to this restaurant until my last day. I am filled with regret. I had two glasses of a very nice Muscadet, 10 oysters and the daily special, a striper bass served on baby vegetables with an orange and crab topping and corn puree -- spent $88 plus tip and it was worth every penny. The best meal of a trip filled with good fish and great oysters. Don't think, however, that you're going to check in with more than two people. This place takes no reservations and you get a table when one opens up, but I eat alone quite often, being a solo traveler, and I suppose my bank account is grateful I didn't find this jewel earlier in my stay.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Dont get me wrong, the lobster rolls are really good. I had warm one and bf had cold one. Both were really good. I preferred the warm with butter and he preferred the cold lobster salad one. Gotta say, the fries are awesome. Best part for me. Fried clams were okay and chilled crab was okay. Factor in 11/2 hour wait to get in, then 10 minute wait to get menu, and sitting in close quarters with little AC on pretty warm day. Oh yea and not super friendly service........equals 3 stars from me. Gotta be an easier way.

1  Thank deborahcat

Been to Neptune Oyster? Share your experiences!