“Amazing taste of Boston”
Review of Neptune Oyster

Neptune Oyster
Ranked #30 of 3,404 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a tough place to get a seat, but well worth it. It's rather small and they don't take reservations, so be prepared to wait for abit. I recommend going at off times, like 2 or 3pm, and asking for a counter seat instead of a table if your one or two people. The food is unmatched. Several kinds of oysters shucked by the fastest shuckers in Boston. The lobster rolls are as good as it gets. Not as big of a fan of the chowda, it's kind of thin, but still tasty. Quaint neighborhood in the North End worth a stroll.

1  Thank Larry S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,709)

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We heard about this from a previous visitor and were amazed at the freshness and taste. These were the best mussels I have ever eaten !! The lobster roll and lobster salad was also amazing. We put our names in, walked to Mikes pastry ( you've got to visit here ) then we walked the streets to take in the sites and then relaxed on a bench in the park. Before we knew it - our jour wait was over and they called us for our table. We sat along 6 Chinese students family style but it was great. A bit pricy, with 2 glasses wine $100.00

GO !!

2  Thank Rich D
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have to admit, this was the first Lobster Roll I've had and one of the best things I've ever put into my mouth. The chunks of meat were large and perfectly tender, bursting with flavor. The soft roll is a perfect compliment, drizzled with hot butter. I would definitely recommend ordering this hot, instead of the other option ... Cold with mayo. I also ordered some amazing fresh oysters on the side. Expensive, but by far the best oysters I've ever tasted. The reason I gave the restaurant 4 stars instead of 5 is ... Well, the actual restaurant. It's tiny! I was the with family members who I hadn't seen in years. We were in town for a wedding .... 8 adults. We got stuck next to a party with 2 noisy children. In my opinion, this isn't a place to bring kids. It's small and loud and dark. Great place for a date ... Oder the hot lobster roll and you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Smessen
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was brought in by the waitress and asked to sit at the bar table. Then she just left and ignoring me. I asked her for the menu, she ignored me. I told the other staff at the bar table that I need a menu, he ignores me again. He served the people next to me but ask if I am non-existing.
After being ignored for 30min, I eventually walked away.
NO SERVICE AT ALL !!!

2  Thank Yiu Wing n
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Food was great as always BUT, they are sooo busy that their door staff has become rather surly. We have eaten here many times and always try to go at lunch, but due to our schedule we had to go at dinner time. I referred a friend here and she told me that when she visited last month, the door staff told her 1 hour and when they returned, he said 2 hours. When my daughter and I visited early May, we were told 1 hour, and when we went back to check after an hour, he said not time yet and you will have to sit at the bar as you didn't ask for a table and that was a longer wait. Say what?? Food was great as always, but will either go at off hours or not return.

Why can't someone else copy this place please???? MANY of the surrounding restaurants were empty...

1  Thank osparki

Been to Neptune Oyster? Share your experiences!