“Lobster Roll is out of this world!”
Review of Neptune Oyster

Neptune Oyster
Ranked #11 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Asheville, North Carolina
“Lobster Roll is out of this world!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have to admit, this was the first Lobster Roll I've had and one of the best things I've ever put into my mouth. The chunks of meat were large and perfectly tender, bursting with flavor. The soft roll is a perfect compliment, drizzled with hot butter. I would definitely recommend ordering this hot, instead of the other option ... Cold with mayo. I also ordered some amazing fresh oysters on the side. Expensive, but by far the best oysters I've ever tasted. The reason I gave the restaurant 4 stars instead of 5 is ... Well, the actual restaurant. It's tiny! I was the with family members who I hadn't seen in years. We were in town for a wedding .... 8 adults. We got stuck next to a party with 2 noisy children. In my opinion, this isn't a place to bring kids. It's small and loud and dark. Great place for a date ... Oder the hot lobster roll and you won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Smessen

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wong Tai Sin, null, Hong Kong
“The host waitress is a blind and bad !!!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was brought in by the waitress and asked to sit at the bar table. Then she just left and ignoring me. I asked her for the menu, she ignored me. I told the other staff at the bar table that I need a menu, he ignores me again. He served the people next to me but ask if I am non-existing.
After being ignored for 30min, I eventually walked away.
NO SERVICE AT ALL !!!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Yiu Wing n
san diego, ca
“Return visit”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Food was great as always BUT, they are sooo busy that their door staff has become rather surly. We have eaten here many times and always try to go at lunch, but due to our schedule we had to go at dinner time. I referred a friend here and she told me that when she visited last month, the door staff told her 1 hour and when they returned, he said 2 hours. When my daughter and I visited early May, we were told 1 hour, and when we went back to check after an hour, he said not time yet and you will have to sit at the bar as you didn't ask for a table and that was a longer wait. Say what?? Food was great as always, but will either go at off hours or not return.

Why can't someone else copy this place please???? MANY of the surrounding restaurants were empty...

Visited May 2013
1 Thank osparki
West Fargo, North Dakota
“EXCELLENT Lobster Rolls...and I don't like seafood”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I don't care for seafood, but decided to give it a try on account of my buddy being out to visit, and he wanted to try some seafood.

Neptune had good reviews, but you had to be willing to deal with a wait at high times...WELL WORTH IT.

We got the Lobster Roll, warm with butter, and it was PHENOMINAL..again...I don't even like seafood.

**If you do have a wait, put your name in (they'll call you when your table is ready) then either pop across the street to Vito's for a drink, or roam around the area.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kyle A
Minnesota City, Minnesota
“Discrimination and dishonesty at its best”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was a horrible experience for me.

Came at an off peak hour of 3pm and waited for a place. Was asked by this obnoxious white waitress to stand outside in the cold. Waited for 1 hour while a total of 8 patrons left, but we were still not asked to go in even though we left our name and was first on the list.

One hour later, white couple came and got a seat immediately before us. Only after them were we asked to get a seat.

We gave the waitress benefit of doubt and wanted to carry on our lunch although we were a bit peeved. Waitress was rude and caustic and gave us the impression that we were unable to pay for our food.

I had the clam chowder, half dozen oysters and a hot lobster roll. Only the oysters met expectation. The chowder and lobster roll was unmemorable.

Service was hurried and rude.

We left a 5% tip as we thought the service was horrid and explained to the waitress. She got angry and walked into us while we were leaving.

A few weeks later, on my credit card statement, I noticed that the waitress has adjusted the tip by herself! SUCH DISHONESTY!

Don't come here if you are not White. And don't pay by credit card. I should have paid by cash and left her a penny.

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank Ken L

Been to Neptune Oyster? Share your experiences!