“Wait for a table. You want to eat here.” 5 of 5 stars

Neptune Oyster
Ranked #16 of 3,120 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: North End
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wait for a table. You want to eat here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I never realized what oysters were supposed to taste like. Being from Atlanta, it is hard to find anything but Gulf oysters, which I have always loved, but now pale in comparison to what I have experienced. Neptune serves a variety of seafood, all amazing I am sure. We tried different kinds of cold water oysters, clam chowder, and a hot lobster roll. If you have never had a hot lobster roll, it's time. I thought I didn't particularly like lobster, really. Not anymore. Anyway, they are apparently always packed, but I guess we hit it just right. We walked in and found two seats by the door. I did not know how lucky I was going to be that day, but here we are. Do yourself a favor; wait for a table and splurge a little. You won't regret it.

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chisinau, Moldova
“Definitely one of the best seafood places in North side.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Definetly one of the beat places for sea food. It is off the main street and as in many cases is a better option then those on the main shopping street. Very cosy and friendly atmosphere. Awesome lobster-roll. It was one of the reccomendations from a Boston man and is definetly an awesome place. The prices are normal, meaning food is not overpriced.

If you plan one day bisit to north-side thos is a place to eat a good meal!

1 Thank Evghenii S
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great hot lobster roll!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

The best lobster roll in Boston. Pricy but worth every penny. Get the hot version, served on a nice brioche roll with great fries. This place is very small and there is always a wait. But they will call your cell phone when your table is ready, so go to a nearby bar and have a drink while you wait! And get a few oysters too; always a variety of the freshest oysters available!

1 Thank Bob T
Panama City, Panama
“THE best place for Lobster Roll of Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We just went there just to eat the Lobster roll as a friend recommended me this place and plate... I ordered the Lobster roll, hot with butter, and let me tell you that was amazing! Great flavor, good portion and decent service! You must try it when you visit Boston.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank JuanAramburo
Syracuse, New York
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

After reading reviews on this place, I knew this was where I needed to go. There was a 20 minute wait, but from previous entries, I expected this. After a cell phone call, I arrived for my seat. It was very small and you sit very close to everyone. I thought this would be hard to move around, but surprisingly this was not the case. Being so close to everyone leads to conversations with strangers that you might not otherwise have.

The menu is diverse and a great selection of oyster varieties! I picked 12 assorted types to try them out. I also picked the lobster roll that they are known and highly praised for. Very good choice! I am not normally a lobster fan, but I loved every bite! Large chunks of lobster, soft roll and covered in drawn butter. Prices are on the high side, but otherwise, I would recommend this restaurant highly!

Visited March 2013