“Excellent!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Being from New England but living in Texas, I was looking forward to traditional New England food. Neptune Oyster came highly recommended and it was better than we imagined. My SO had the raw oysters (I'm not a fan) and said they were some of the best he ever had. We then split the fried clams and hot lobster roll. The clams was to die for--tender, juicy, lightly batter and crispy. The homemade tartar sauce was also wonderful. We've never had a lobster roll hot, so we decided to try it. The lobster was cooked perfectly, the roll was fresh and all was wrapped in melted butter. (And, we topped it off with cannolis from Maria's around the corner).

Yes, the place is small, but everyone knows that and knows there can be a line. And, everyone was very friendly, including those with whom we shared our part of the bar.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Four of us for lunch. Very busy place with limited. We sat with two other non-related people. We each had the lobster roll two cold and two hots. The meat was sweet and fairly portioned

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stopped here for our bug dinner of the trio!

We shared a lobster roll amd several different oysters!

This place is small, the service is okay, but the food was amazing.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I am an oyster lover. And the best I've had so far were always in France. So i was considered a bit of a snob because I never really enjoyed oysters in the US. They were always lacking something: either salt, or brine, or just taste! But, at the Neptune Oyster I found bliss!
This is my second time at this restaurant, and each time my husband and I ordered at least 2 dozens of oysters and a dozen of clams and had to refrain from ordering more so that we could try more thing from the menu. The lobster roll, indeed, is up to its reputation, except that butter makes too rich, but there is the option of having it with no butter, nor roll (!). The Cioppino, on the other hand, is very tasty and well balanced, although maybe a little too spicy for some.
The only drawback with this small restaurant is that they do not take reservations and the wait is usually an hour or more, at all times. But there is a very nice bar next door, and a great little deli-grocery, Monica's Mercato, where we usually shop while we wait for the waiter to call us.
I highly recommend this place although it is pricey. But it is worth every penny.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I'm not a lobster roll connoisseur but my girlfriend, Lisa, is and she insisted we stop at Neptune oyster while in the city. We ordered oysters, crab cocktail, and warm lobster rolls. Three weeks later and my daughter and I still can't stop talking about the lobster roll. The only downer is the restaurant is very small and you may have to wait a bit for a table.

Been to Neptune Oyster? Share your experiences!