“Authentic taste of Ireland ”

Mr. Dooley's Boston Tavern
Ranked #122 of 3,427 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I felt like I was back in Ireland as I visited this pub in the heart of downtown Boston. Had the Smithwicks paired with the sampler that included Guinness stew, Shepard’s pie and cottage pie. Fantastic and very filling and only managed to eat half. Very large portions. The brown bread was spot on! Enjoyed it throughly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stumbled upon this pub looking for a place to have breakfast one Sunday morning before Patriots day and the Marathon. We had a traditional full Irish breakfast. After the Marathon we came for dinner and live music which they have every night. We so fell in love with the true Irish feel of the place it inspired us to go to Ireland .
Five years later we are visiting Boston again and stop in on a Wednesday night and everything was the same, great good , traditional music and our Irish waitress.

1  Thank kaschwartz865
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's hard to find a breakfast place in Boston anymore since everyone's leaning toward coffee and muffins. Mr. Dooley's has a full (or half) Irish breakfast or your old go-to the American breakfast. Gorgeous antique tavern with the feeling of old Boston. Just about 1-2 blocks from the Aquarium and Faneuil Hall. If you don't do weekend breakfast than head over for a pint and a chat!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This is a great Irish pub with good food and good entertainment. We were staying just down the street at the Hilton and walked here every night. It was a perfect place for a reasonably priced dinner and great drinks. The live Irish music on Saturday was great. Would recommend anytime in Boston.

Reviewed June 7, 2018

We really enjoyed this little pub. I had the Irish Sampler (Shepherd's Pie, Guinness Beef Stew, and Cottage Pie); my wife ordered Kerry Mac & Cheese; and my son had the Tenderloin Steak Tips. Of these, we liked the Mac & Cheese and the Steak Tips best -- although all were very good.

I also enjoyed Mr Dooley's Red Ale.

Our waitress had a delightful Irish brogue, and a winning personality. The service was friendly and helpful.