“Such a treat!”

Mr. Dooley's Boston Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. Dooley's Boston Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
“Such a treat!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Went out looking for an authentic Irish pub and this did not disappoint!! The atmosphere felt like we were in Ireland and event the waiters were Irish! Food was spectacular - do not miss the Irish Curry Cheese Fries. They were amazing. Live music started around 9:00 PM and they were very good too. Absolutely recommend and will return next time I'm in town.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Okay”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stopped by here on the strength of previous reviews.

Got a 'Sean' Burger and the fish and chips. Food was warm, not hot. Burger was cooked exactly as I asked. Chips with both meals were okay.

Had tea to drink, which was good.

Service was excellent.

Food was no better than standard English pub fare, so we wouldn't return and were a bit puzzled by the reviews.

New York City, New York
“Short drinks and long checks”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Ordinarily I am not a big lover of Irish Pubs, I know many would disagree but that’s just me. I like to have my drinks in a place where I can eat, if I choose to and I’m not grand on Irish cuisine… But this place was right across from my hotel and I was tired in the late afternoon so I decided to give it a try. It looked faded in the dingy light and lacked what I wanted to drink but it had a good selection of Single Malts so I decided to stay, regrettably. Drinks appeared in the modern miniature version, even on the second round which usually improve the disposition of most barmen. It was quite noisy and the barman was distracted in his sports conversation with some regulars. The check was higher than expected: maybe they feel that being in the Financial District entitles them to higher prices for less quality. Too bad I am not in finance. Skip it.

And yes, I red some of the other reviews: if this is the among the best Boston has to offer, I feel sorry for Boston...

Newark, Delaware
“Awesome!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This place was fantastic! The steak tips were to die for and my husband had the shepherds pie. Both were awesome and the drinks were great! Best place that we have come across on our week there. I would recommend to anyone. We will be coming back here next trip! :)

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Chelle725
Rochelle Park, New Jersey
“Amazing breakfast!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Quick service and great breakfast. Definitely worth coming here then shooting over to the Freedom Trail. Will visit again!

1 Thank YLR17