“Boston Pub at it's Finest”
Review of McGreevy's

McGreevy's
Ranked #275 of 3,329 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were there over Memorial Day weekend. Left the Red Sox game early because it drizzled the whole game and she stuck it out for about 2.5 hours. Headed to McGreevy's to watch the rest of the game and the Champions League Final which happened to be the right call.

Had fish and chips, giant piece of fish. Clam chowder was excellent. Mostly though wanted to go to this classic sports bar where every inch seems to be covered in some sort of Red Sox memorabilia. Except for the upside down Yankees team photo over the main bar.

Dropkick Murphys own it and have a few signs downstairs, but otherwise didn't notice anything else pertaining to the band. About a 20-30 minute walk from Fenway depending on your pace.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a great bar where we watched the playoff hockey game. they had two floors with seats that looked like they were from a stadium on the bottom floor. Also, the drinks were good and reasonably priced. The atmosphere was great and the bartenders were cool as well. I did not try the food as I do not know how this was.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

As a huge Dropkick Murphy's fan, this was my first stop in Boston. Great food, great service, great atmosphere, great music, great place! Will miss it when we leave.

1  Thank MikeyPup
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Love the food and people. I had the Shepherd's Pie--very good and filling. All the people seemed so nice. Had another customer offer to take our picture together there and then with the police bagpipe members--awesome!! Only thing that would have made it better is for the music to have been less in volume-way too loud!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Saturday before the Marathon, we stopped in McGreevey's, after shopping on Boylston Street. We sat in a nicely padded booth right in front of one of the TV's playing the Red Sox game out at Fenway (they won!). We both had draft beers and bar food - nachos for my friend, and I had a burger. I asked the waitress if it had any MSG in it, and she assured me that the burgers were all natural. My burger was cooked to perfection. I also could get a side salad rather than French fires, which was great. Very enjoyable afternoon.

Been to McGreevy's? Share your experiences!