“Delicious Dessert”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed November 16, 2013

When in Boston, we knew we had to get a cannoli in the North End. We happened upon Modern, so that was it. Everything in the case looked amazing, and I could have ordered a dozen different desserts. We ended up with a classic cannoli and a layer cake. YUM! The line was long, but worth the wait, and they only take cash, so plan ahead.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,751)

Reviewed November 14, 2013

A classic Italian pastry shop in the North End. They have a line that cascades down the street. All of the classic pastries are here.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Torrone and the cream-filled Lobster Tail are a must buy when you visit Modern Pastry Shop. The line may be long at times, but the pastry is worth the wait.

3  Thank Randy Y
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

While we strolled down Hanover Street in Boston we went into Modern Pastry. What a great find and luck for us. The Pastries and everything else are all fantastic. One of the many items we bought I had to try The Lobster Tail Cream Filled Pastry. : WOW ! A very flacky pastry with a rich cream filling made with Racotta Cheese . Creme and some sort of whipped cream. Just Outstanding. I will order several to be shipped to me soon.The Best in Boston !

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Ok, so I'm from the South, and I don't really profess to be a cannoli expert. But I will say that I walked up to the counter on a Sunday afternoon (before Marathon 2013), and was treated wonderfully, then was given a beautiful package filled with cannolis and various other pastrys...all of which were fantastic. I had taken a local's advice to choose Modern over it's rival, and I certainly was not disappointed. And the price was less than expected!