“Line ups for Cannoli”

Neighborhood: North End
Windsor, Canada
“Line ups for Cannoli”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have never witnessed 100 people lined up for dessert but this happened on Saturday and Sunday night. We saw people walking around with their cannoli boxes all over Boston clutching them like treasure! Must see

Visited July 2013

“Simply the BEST....”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

There are many Italian pastry shops in the North End of Boston, but IMHO, Modern Pastry is the best! A large, ever changing variety of goodies, that are all outstanding. The cookies are the BEST any where, while the traditional Italian specialties are top notch. I have visited Modern Pastry on several occasions and I have ordered items that were delivered to our home outside the state. The food is always outstanding!
If you are ever in Boston, make it a point to visit Modern Pastry! You will not be disappointed!

• Visited August 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Amazing desserts! Worth the wait!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on a busy Saturday evening. We waited in line for about 20 minutes. I got a white chocolate truffle and a slice of the carrot cake. My husband got a black and white cookie. Everything was delicious but my husband would have like less frosting on his cookie.

• Visited July 2013
Denton, TX
“Modern vs. Mike's”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have been in the Mike's camp for many years now and visit them whenever we are in town. Today while having dinner I asked our waiter whether he preferred Mike's or Modern. He said Modern and rattled off a few reasons for feeling the way he did. He was convincing enough that we decided to give it a try. Wife had Chocolate Cheesecake and said it was among the best she had ever had (gave it a 9). Granddaughter had the Red Velvet Cupcake and advised it was excellent (gave it an 8). I had a Key Lime tart. It was OK, gave it a 6. The filling was good but the crust tasted like it might have come from 7-11.
Summary: Modern is very good but Mike's is better on several levels. Mike's product is superior and the experience is far better. There is just something about the ambience at Mike's that makes me feel as though I've accomplished something when I walk out holding that famous blue and white box with the blue and white string
Winner - Mike's. let the debate continue!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Tupelo010835
OKLAHOMA
“Can't miss cannoli!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We asked some of the locals we met on the common what bakery they thought had the best cannoli in town. They all to a person said Modern Pastry. They all agreed that Mike's is very good but the Modern is the best. I have got to agree.

• Visited July 2013