“Worth waiting in line!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed May 4, 2013

These pastries are so wonderful! If you go to Boston this place is a must! There was a line out the door the day we visited because one of the local universities was holding their graduation nearby . That said, the line moved fairly quickly and was so worth it. I thoroughly enjoyed a key lime tart and my daughter loved the Napoleon. (Believe me she is a dessert expert!)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,688)

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The two items that I really like from this bakery were the biscotti and the torrone. I tried biscotti from 3 different North End bakeries, and this was the best by far. Crisp, but not hard or chewy. I enjoyed the almond biscotti dipped in chocolate the best. The torrone was also fantastic. I would have loved to taste a wider assortment of the baked items here, but my waistline would not allow it. In all fairness, I found each bakery to have some specialties that they were really good at. But on this trip, I was on the look out for biscotti and torrone, and the best were at Modern Pastry.

1  Thank Riley73
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Fantastic stop after dinner!! Believe me, it's worth the wait. Expect to wait in line for at least 10 to 15 minutes to even order. The cannolis are fantastic. I recommend getting extras for the next day, or you'll regret not getting at least two more.

1  Thank Rob J
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great chocolate crusted cannoli stuffed with vanilla custard. Reasonably priced and excellent portions, you'd be surprised at the weight of a nicely tied box with two cannoli's!

We would return in a heartbeat, I just wish they could deliver by air mail!

1  Thank digerati
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stopped in to try the cannoli during my hunt for the best. Very small bakery but the line moves quickly. I tried the traditional cannoli and it was good. Even better though were the traditional Italian cookies and French Macarons. The macarons were crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. My boyfriend loves the "rainbow" cookies and was in heaven. Would go back.

1  Thank CaraMiaRN