“A Taste of Boston”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Melbourne, Australia
“A Taste of Boston”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We came across The Purple Shamrock, while walking to another restaurant, a blackboard out front had, Lobster $15.00, so we went inside. We were seated by the open window, a great table position, to watch the world go by. We had our lobster each, a bit watery, but very tasty, followed by a Boston Pie, which we had heard about, earlier in the day, delicious. It was also my first taste of Samuel Adams Lager, a great tasting beer. We loved the Purple Shamrock, it had a fantastic atmosphere, good service from the friendly staff, they all seemed to enjoy working there, it was a good way to finish off our only day in Boston. We had walked the heritage trail.

Pittsburgh
“Looks better than it is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Just blocks from the center of Boston, we were pleased to find an Irish style pub for lunch. It was very busy, but we were able to get a table. It did appear they were a little understaffed, but our waitress was doing the best she could to keep up with her tables. Once our food arrived, one of the managers stopped by our table was doing OK, I asked for another beer. He shot me a look like I was insulting him, never answered me. Eventually the waitress brought my beer, but I can't say the place was very welcoming. Food was average at best, our reuben sandwich was a little salty and the chicken tenders looked like they came right out of the freezer. We also had tried a bourbon cocktail that ended up costing $10, (not listed) and was good but not great. I recommend sticking with shamrocks that are green.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great location.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stopped here after seeing the Blue Angles fly on the 4th of July. Sat by the window which is so worth it. I ordered the turkey wrap, my friend the lobster special. My wrap was good..solid. The lobster was fine. Drinks were enjoyable, I had the sangria. This is your basic bar food...no complaints..

Mississippi
“best meal we had in Boston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Wandered in here our 1st night in Boston. Really enjoyed the atmosphere. Ther service was good and the food was excellent. I had the shepherd's pie with carrots. tasted great and was filling. Husband had the beef tips and they were tender and good as well. It was the best meal we had in Boston.

Maine
“Disappointed in the changes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

While the Purple Shamrock is a good place to eat as far as the food and service are concerned, we were very disappointed to find that they have swapped out Magner's Cider for a poor tasting domestic cider.

Visited July 2012