“Looks better than it is”
Review of Purple Shamrock - CLOSED

Purple Shamrock
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Just blocks from the center of Boston, we were pleased to find an Irish style pub for lunch. It was very busy, but we were able to get a table. It did appear they were a little understaffed, but our waitress was doing the best she could to keep up with her tables. Once our food arrived, one of the managers stopped by our table was doing OK, I asked for another beer. He shot me a look like I was insulting him, never answered me. Eventually the waitress brought my beer, but I can't say the place was very welcoming. Food was average at best, our reuben sandwich was a little salty and the chicken tenders looked like they came right out of the freezer. We also had tried a bourbon cocktail that ended up costing $10, (not listed) and was good but not great. I recommend sticking with shamrocks that are green.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stopped here after seeing the Blue Angles fly on the 4th of July. Sat by the window which is so worth it. I ordered the turkey wrap, my friend the lobster special. My wrap was good..solid. The lobster was fine. Drinks were enjoyable, I had the sangria. This is your basic bar food...no complaints..

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Wandered in here our 1st night in Boston. Really enjoyed the atmosphere. Ther service was good and the food was excellent. I had the shepherd's pie with carrots. tasted great and was filling. Husband had the beef tips and they were tender and good as well. It was the best meal we had in Boston.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

While the Purple Shamrock is a good place to eat as far as the food and service are concerned, we were very disappointed to find that they have swapped out Magner's Cider for a poor tasting domestic cider.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Need a Beer on a usual hot June Boston day, then this is the place to stop. Their clam chowder is excellent and filling as is their fish and chips. Of course they have a varied menue with some good appetizers also. Next to Quincey Mkt. We go there every year when in Boston as a group.