“Welcomed Change from Fast Food Chains”

Royal Roast Beef and Seafood
Ranked #628 of 3,329 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Seafood, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: East Boston / Logan Airport
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stopped here for a quick lunch. I agree with a previous reviewer in saying that it was kind of a hybrid between a fast food join and a diner. You order your food, dine in or take out. They were kind enough to bring our roast beef sandwiches to our table... but I'm not sure if that was because we were first-timers. The staff was polite... one of the ladies told me to grab a seat quickly before other people came in since it was a busy lunch hour. I appreciated her trying to make sure we had a place to sit. The food was good. Nothing spectacular... but was better than stopping at Burger King or McDonalds for a change. The sandwich platter was generous... especially with fries. That being said... it's not a fine dining experience.... it's what I would expect for a city quick food joint.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A decent East Boston option for a lobster roll when you're close to the airport.

The fries and a lobster roll for $18 are definitely a passable option, with generous portions of lobster that overflow from the slim slice of toasted and buttered bread. I've had better, but it did hit the spot. Lobster was not overly saturated in mayo, so you could enjoy the freshness of the lobster.

They do normally accept VISA but I had to pay cash as the system was down the day I arrived.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Kind of a hybrid between a fast food joint and a diner. Maybe I was totally disappointed, because I had the beef at Milano's for lunch......which was great. It was late, and I went back to the same area. Milano's closes at 5pm., so I tried this joint.
Run by 17-18 year olds...........ie: McDonald's. Pleasant enough, just not great service.
The food was pretty mediocre. I had the super beef platter. Big sandwich.........just had no flavor, despire the bbq sauce and provalone. The fries were frozen........the slaw was bland.
Waste of time and money. Pass on by

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I like this roast need place. It's been around forever. The roast beef sandwiches are awesome here and the prices are very decent. They also serve one of the best fried clam plates I've had in a while and I don't even like fried food. I like this place a lot better then Kelly's. if you're a roast beef sandwich fan, Give this place a shot!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook