“Simply good food”

Neighborhood: East Boston / Logan Airport
London
“Simply good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I had the Chicken Fettucini Alfredo with Broccoli - excellent, high quality, tasty and really filling!

Visited June 2013

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Exceptionally HORRIBLE service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were looking for an "authentic" Boston restaurant for breakfast. We were walking the area and happened upon this place. It took a few minutes for someone to acknowledge our presence (there were 3 of us), but the "cook" finally did so, even though there was another person just standing near the cash register just staring at us. So my sister in law and I placed our order and then my husband asked for egg whites (the cook was using "real eggs") and was told that he doesn't "do egg whites". Um what is so compicated about cracking an egg, that you are already going to do, and throw away the yolk? Then the cook preceeded to be annoyed at the fact that my husband was asking for special items, so to speak and was asking questions about the sausage and bacon, etc... The "cook" whom I believe to be the owner, slammed down his pencil and turned his back to us. Needless to say, we walked out. Thanks for the welcome Boston peeps. Never in my life would I treat customers from out of state with that kind of rudeness. Never going back to that place, EVER!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank MelissaS2
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Great food, but can get lost as a first timer here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My first time here, I stood and stared at the menu for 15 minutes (really just killing time to see how this placed worked). Seems to be a very local crowd, that know the rope on how to order, eat and pay. Just step up order, wait for them to "Hollar" the order is ready, grab a beverage and enjoy. When you are ready to leave, go up to the register and tell them what you had. Not the norm, but it works for them, and once you know (they don't openly tell you how it works), you are a LOCAL!

• Visited August 2011
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Great local fare with friendly service. Can't beat it

Northfield, MA
“Authentic local fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

We met up with family at their favorite local lunch place and immediately saw why they recommended it. The portions were huge, the food was hot and fresh, the counter staff were patient with us while we had our "reunion" in the ordering line. Coffee was good with free refills and the gentleman behind the counter remembered how I take it even though they were pretty busy. Members of the PBD were ensconced at the next table--a good sign. A welcoming place with just the right amount of personality and charm. Grabbing lunch on the go in Boston can land you in a nondescript sub shop where no thought goes into the food. This was excellent and we can't wait to go back.

Visited March 2012