“Great place for Dinner and Drinks”
Review of Tia's

Tia's
Ranked #441 of 3,404 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Tia's is my favorite spots in the summer! They have the best people watching in the city, and is a the best afterwork spot. My last visit was in October and I came for a friends birthday dinner. I have always gone to the bar in the summer to enjoy the patio and summer scene. I was pleasantly surprised with the dining room at Tia's. We came on a Saturday night and they were able to accommodate our large party, our server was also amazing. Our entire party was raving about the food, I had the Seafood Sizzler and it was soooo delicious! We had started out with mussels and coconut shrimp, both dishes were great. The birthday boy had the Baked Stuffed Lobster, I have lived in New England for a long time and this was the best Baked Stuffed Lobster I have ever seen! I will definitely be coming back in the spring to enjoy dinner on the patio!

1  Thank cmarie708

Reviewed November 20, 2012

After spent some time at the waterfront of Boston harbor, we sat on the bench in the Christopher Columbus Waterfront Park around noontime. We were discussing where to have our lunch. We decided to have lobster because we were in the city where the famous Boston lobsters come from. We saw a blue and white awning with outdoor seating and went to see if they offered lobster. We were lucky that they had a special 1 lb lobster for US$9.99. We sat outside and enjoyed our lunch.

Tia's Restaurant is adjacent to the Marriott Long Wharf. The relaxing atmosphere with fresh air outdoor table and watching people at the Christopher Columbus Waterfront Park is perfect for lunch. The breezy patio overlooking both Christopher Columbus Park and the sailboats in the harbor makes for an incredible mid-day break.

When we visit Boston next time, we will come back and have a dinner here.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Tia’s is right next to Marriott Long Wharf in the Aquarium area. The food is decent and the price is reasonable. We ordered the twin lobsters dinners (came with fries and coleslaw), calamari, and clam chowders. Everything tastes pretty good and served relatively fast. I wish they could let you substitute fries with salad or other vegi. My only disappointment was that the clam chowders had a lot of potato but not much of clam meats in them. Otherwise, it’s a good place to dine at a convenient location.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

the wait at Neptune's for lunch was over an hour, so we went to Tia's instead. easy to see why we could get a table here. more of a drinking establishment than a restaurant. food was good, although pricey (lobster roll and chowder for $28). Our waiter must have another calling because he was pretty clueless.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Tia's is attached to the Marriott Long Warf, but not a part of Marriott. In fact all of the people at the Marriott tell you to stay away. Must be some sort of food fight.

Tia's is as much drinking place as a restaurant. Don't expect the ambiance of a Legal Seafood. However if you are just hungry for a lobster dinner you can't go wrong with "three" 1 lb. lobsters, FF, cloe slaw, couple of beers, tax, tip ect. $70.00...And if you are staying at the Marriott as we were no walking..

hdh

Been to Tia's? Share your experiences!