“Great suggestion!”

Neighborhood: East Boston / Logan Airport
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great suggestion!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Stayed at the Hampton in Revere while overnighting in Boston and the hotel shuttle bus took us to this restaurant and picked us back up later - that in itself was very cool. I believe they told us that this is the oldest Italian restaurant in Boston? It was charming with typical Italian decor. The service was great and the homemade lobster ravioli was superb!

Visited March 2014

Saint Albans, Vermont
“A landmark restaurant”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Serving airport employees, locals and visitors for many decades. Great fire grilled choices, Italian, seafood and steaks, all reasonably priced. A nice dining room and a bar room with lots of seating. My favorite bar/restaurant in East Boston.

• Visited October 2013
Livonia
“Quaint restaurant - Good food, service”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Recommend by Hampton with shuttle to/from door. Food was good, welcoming staff. They have a President's Room - dedicated to recent presidents and memorial of Clinton visit.

Orlando, Florida
“Best Italian outside of Rome in years”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have been planning to eat here for years since it is close to the Embassy Suites where we often stay when we arrive late in Boston, but therein lies the problem; we usually arrive too late. This time we were staying the night before our departure. I plotted a path with Yahoo maps so that we could walk there. It's less than a mile-15-20 minutes by foot easily. You go out the main entrance, cross the street, and then veer left after about 50 yards. Walk toward the overhead highways and go under them. There will be a park on the right. Veer right and walk through the park or you can walk down Bremen St, which abuts the park. Go less than a third of mile to Prescott St., and head one block away from the park. Take a right on Chelsea and you will see the restaurant and its neighboring bar, Terminal J, which is also in the dining program, up ahead. You can also walk along Porter away from the rental car lots and past the barricade to Chelsea and turn right, but this is a bit longer since the short cut always is shorter than the 2 straight lines, which form a 90 degree angle, or you can take a taxi from the Embassy Suites, but catch one along Cottage St. (behind the front desk and business center) due to barricades which block Porter St and prevent getting there by taxi from front entrance without taking 3 mile airport tour! The barricade only prevents vehicular traffic from the airport part of Porter to the residential part so you can walk or bike easily from the hotel. It is now a definite must on any future stays to the Embassy Suites if we don’t arrive too late. It would be great if they were open later on Friday nights when we often fly in.
I had the crabmeat stuffed mushrooms for my appetizer and the veal piccata for my main dish. (note that the prices on the idine menu have increased slightly, but the ones on the Jeveli website are up to date) My partner had clams casino (you have to acquire a taste for these-I didn’t like the one I tried) and spaghetti with meatballs plus 2 glasses of white wine. I had ice tea and had to often ask for refills even though it was obvious I needed one, but they were frequently filling up the water? They also bring delicious freshly baked bread. Our waitress was Rosean according to the receipt (maybe short for Roseanna or Roseanne-not sure). She was very friendly but not overly such. The locals definitely got the better treatment, but we first timers were still treated kindly as well! There were some interesting ladies discussing their future Florida trip a few tables away, and their accents and loud voices really added in a positive way to the atmosphere. One expected the Godfather to walk in any minute! It was fun, the food was the best Italian I've add outside of Rome in years, the atmosphere was lively, the neighborhood seemed safe for a walk there-but might take taxi if dark, the clients were mostly local, the prices were very reasonable, etc.etc. I will tell my friends who stay near the airport or live in the Boston suburbs to check this place out before or after their flights. Great find and one I hope to visit again many times. Thanks to all!

• Visited March 2014
Winthrop, Massachusetts
“Never fails to deliver a great meal.”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and I enjoy going back to Jevelis when we get disillusioned with some of the newer upstart restaurants. Jevelis consistently delivers good Italian Food. Last night I had the fried fisherman platter which was very fresh and plentiful. My wife had the veal and eggplant parmesan which is usually my "go to" meal. The waitstaff are attentive and pleasant. Parking can be a challenge but if you go early you should not have a problem. Avoid the potato skins…the only appetizer that doesn't make the grade.

• Visited March 2014