“Good, solid comfort food”
Review of Black Rose

Black Rose
Ranked #56 of 3,243 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
East Meadow, New York
“Good, solid comfort food”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Black Rose isn't overly fancy, but the prices are reasonable and the food is quite good! Located across State Street from the historic Custom House, its central location, not far from Long Wharf, is very convenient.

We had chicken pot pie, fish & chips, clam chowder and some appetizers, and everything was very good! Also, the Boston Cream Pie is not to be missed. Served with fresh whipped cream, the pie itself was some of the best I've ever encountered.

The Black Rose definitely is worth a visit!

• Visited July 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Fun Irish Pub”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Ended up at the bar one night on the way back to hotel. Was looking for a bar to get a beer and we found it. Sat at the bar and watched the Red Sox game while enjoying a Guinness. Bartenders were friendly.

Ended up here again to get some food sort of by accident. Figured we enjoyed it the first time so decided to try the food. I was pleasantly surprised! The price was reasonable and the food was very good. I ordered the fish and chip. Fish was lightly battered and very tasty. Not too heavy - just right. Price was $16. Hubby enjoyed the lobster roll. Tasty. $17. For dessert, ordered the black and white bread pudding. Also, very good. Great food and worth the price. Our waitress seemed a bit tense but the place was busy. Maybe she was having a bad night.

I would recommend! http://www.blackroseboston.com/

• Visited June 2013
Washington, DC
“I go for the black and white bread pudding and Irish coffee”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Last year we were here and on our way to the aquarium.We had been walking awhile and the day was pretty chilly. We were looking for a place to go and get warm and coffee. This is the place! This year we have been back on several occasions. Twice I just had the black and white bread pudding and Irish coffee. They also have good food, and breakfast on the weekends, and you get a very large portion of food. I do recommend trying the place out!

• Visited June 2013
Toano, Virginia, United States
“Great Irish Pub”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were staying right across the street, so we manage to eat dinner here twice. The first time was a little loud with the live music and singing, but the food was great. The second time there was a Bruins game on and no music, my Dad was thrilled. They offer some traditional Irish fare and regular food as well. Everything we ate there, both times, was great!

• Visited May 2013
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty, but the service was lacking”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had the curry fries, Guinness and lamb with mashed potatoes. The food was delicious, but the service was neglectful. Too bad, it was my first time at a Boston Irish pub, and I didn't get the best impression.

Visited May 2013

Been to Black Rose? Share your experiences!