3 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$149
Hotels.com$149
travelup.com$161
1,534 results
All reviews td garden the north end front desk boutique hotel bruins game faneuil hall great boutique valet parking rooms are small walking distance quincy market beacon hill freedom trail junior suite would definitely stay here again perfect location mini bar
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

My only regret is that my stay was too short to fully enjoy this hotel. The room was not very large but it was clean, modern, and comfortable with all the amenities I could ask for. There is also a great beer selection both at the bar and in the mini bar. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank djdutchess
Renee L, Front Office Supervisor at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2016

Dear djdutchess,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this kind review following your recent stay. We take such pride in hearing that our guests have been well served. We hope to welcome you back next time you are visiting the area with a nice cold local beer!

Reviewed September 6, 2016

Do not and I mean DO NOT make a reservation at this hotel. I booked my hotel room in February for an August date. I pre-paid my room and paid extra for late check in as I was coming in on Amtrak and would be checking in at 8:30pm as my train comes in at 8:00pm. I even called the hotel 1 week before and confirmed my room and that I would be checking in at 8:30pm. While I was on Amtrak on the day, at 6:00pm, the website I booked through called and said that The Boxer canceled my reservation. I asked why and they said they had over-booked the hotel. I got to Boston with no hotel room to stay in. Thank you so very much The Boxer. My experience in Boston was totally ruined. Do not ever pre-book a room with this hotel or your will be very sorry

I got an offer from the hotel for a gift certificate for my next visit. The posted this on Hotels.com. then Hotels.com deleted my comments.

Here was my reply to The Boxer's offer:

Thank you for your offer for a gift certificate for another visit to our hotel.
As stated in my post:
1. Please review where I live. I live in California and have absolutely no desire to ever return to Boston after this experience.
2. I pre-paid for a room in February and paid for late arrival via Hotels.com. I had paid for a room, so I should have a room. I paid $514.44. I even mentioned in my reservation that I would be arriving late, as I was coming in on Amtrak. I had a room, you chose to sell my room to someone else.
3. I called 1 week before my arrival to confirm my room and talked with the gentleman about when the restaurant would close and was never told I did not have a room.
4. Hotels.com said there were no other rooms in Boston. Everything was booked. They were offering me a room at a Marriott for $650. A room that I would have gotten for $200 if I would have booked it in February. Hotels.com, also, offered me a hotel room 60 miles from Chicago. So I had no room in Boston when we arrived. Thank you very much.
5. I booked your hotel being it was 2 blocks from the North Amtrak Station.
6. I just wish to let everyone on the internet know that if you happen to book your hotel at The Boxer and even pre-paid, this does not mean you will have a room when you arrive.
I asked them to take the gift certificate offer and donate it to a local charity for a drawing. Maybe that reservation will not be canceled 2 hours before they get to the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank J H
Brian M, Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2016

Julie Beth H,

We are incredibly sorry for your experience. I am so glad we were able to connect to get some additional details we will use to make immediate changes to how we interact with our partners. We certainly cannot allow any guest to have such an experience. I'm equally grateful that we were able to directly express, and demonstrate to you, our deepest concern for your satisfaction.

Warm regards,
Brian Martens
Assistant General Manager
brian.martens@theboxerboston.com

Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

My newlywed wife and I stayed at the boxer for two nights for our "mini honeymoon", and we absolutely loved our time at the boxer. Luckas was our host and he went above and beyond to help make sure we had everything we needed. We will definitely be staying at the boxer again for future visits to Boston!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Evan_T13091

Dear Evan T.,
Congratulations again on your marriage, thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of this very special occasion. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review and for mentioning Luckas, we are so proud to hear that you were well taken care of while you visited Boston.
Looking forward to your return to the area,

Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I decided to take a last minute trip to Boston with our daughter before she went back to college. The Boxer was perfect for us with the bunk bed! The room was small but it was really cool. They even let us check in early after our red eye flight, we could not have been happier. Location was great, we walked to everything we needed or took the subway. Hope to be back some day.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank K5181DNstephenf

Dear Stephen F.,
So happy to hear you enjoyed our Boxer Bunk and our favorite City!
Thank you for taking the time to write us this lovely review. We loved hosting your family for your visit to Boston and look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

Boutique hotel in the heart of Boston - a block from TD Bank Garden, 5 minute walk to the North End, also Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market. We had a king bed room on a high floor that was cozy but very clean and nicely appointed. Only negative is that the AC unit was a bit noisy. We stayed for one night only - after a Barbra Streisand Concert at the Garden - and booked through TripAdvisor. Valet Parking was additional and not very quick - so might want to consider parking at one of the nearby garages on your own.

There was a small but pleasant bar/restaurant attached to the hotel with a limited menu. Very convenient, but there are many others located close by. The public restrooms are located a flight down (in the basement) and it was a bit lonely/creepy with no one around late in the evening. If you are looking for room service, pool, fitness center, etc., this might not be the place for you - it's a boutique hotel, after all, and in a great location - I would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank Nina L

Dear ninaslcpa,
Thank you for leaving our future guests this very informative review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that our location made us the perfect place to stay after your TD Garden Event. I understand your concern with the feeling of the downstairs public restrooms, but rest assured our hotel is very safe and secured by 24 hour staff. We are so proud to hear you were well served and enjoyed our hotel.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon,