“great hotel”

The Boxer Boston
Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights to do some sightseeing in Boston. The rooms are small but sufficient, and it is quite centrally located. We were able to walk the Freedom Trail from the hotel and it provides easy access to Faneuil Hall and sections of the old town. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the free wifi worked well. It is also handy having the restaurant located in the building.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank orleans1
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear orleans1,

Your review was a pleasure to read- thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you in Boston again!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed at The Boxer for one night to see some sights in Boston before traveling to another location. The hotel is very unique! Historical looking from the outside and modern inside. My family of 4 (two young kids) stayed in a King suite which was located in the very corner of the building, furthest from the elevator. The rooms were small, however, we knew that prior to booking the stay. (I've stayed in smaller rooms in NYC) The kids slept on a pull out couch which they said was comfortable. The king bed was very comfortable also. The hotel is located within walking distance to the sights and restaurants. We parked in a parking garage around the corner from the hotel. I have read some reviews where people have complained about the time it takes to retrieve their cars from valet - it's Boston people! The traffic and streets are horrible to navigate! I don't think this is the hotel's fault! I really suggest leaving your car and walking - less stressful. FYI - it took my husband about 25 minutes to get our car from the garage that was 2 short blocks away to the hotel!

The front desk service people were wonderfully helpful and friendly. They helped us out with suggestions and directions. The rooms were clean and we got extra pillows/ blankets within 10 minutes of calling the front desk to request them.
I thought it was a great value for it's location and uniqueness. If you are looking for large cookie cutter hotel rooms, there are plenty of those in the outskirts of this area for $400-500/ night.

We had a nice visit and would definitely stay at The Boxer again.

Room Tip: Corner King size bedroom (suite) is perfect for a couple.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Ouzo601
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Hotel was great, rooms are smallish, but very nice. Front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. Hotel restaurant is also excellent, I recommend the lobster eggs benedict. Location is great, too! Close to TD Garden and multiple subway stations, also walkable to the waterfront.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Evan S
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback! We pride ourselves on our excellent service and a great location- we are so glad you enjoyed your time. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

If you don't mind doing some walking, this was a very nice hotel for what we paid for. It was about a 10 min. walk from Faneuil Hall, Hop on Hop off, Boston Cruise, Aquarium, and many other tourist sights. Along the way to Fanueil Hall is the Holocaust Memorial also. If you want to go by subway to a ballgame or elsewhere it is only a 5 min. walk. Our room was nice and clean. The staff downstairs was nice. Gabriel, at the check-in desk answered my endless questions of what is best to go to. Thank you, Gabriel! And they had free apples at the desk which definitely helped us through the day or as a night snack.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank firebug1087
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I will say that this The Boxer Boston is the good one also. The is just small but that's fine for my family and especially I would say the decoration was nicer than we were thinking it was not as good as that. I will stay there again next time.

Hope you remember me.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Lim F
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Had an overnight stay at this one... Was a bit apprehensive when I read some negative reviews out here! But, was pleasantly surprised...
Great room - they put me up on Floor 9 (top floor)... great room, quite an experience (very boutique)! Smaller rooms but gives you an experience, making you feel very much Boston Boston!
Nice location, close to many restaurants... shopping is nearby too, if interested!
Kudos to the front desk help, Mr. Gabriel who not only guided me for a night food trail, but even booked a cab to the airport!! Every moment made me feel comfortable, very much recommended!!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank brosam

Thank you so much for staying with us! And more so for your review! We look forward to seeing you again in Boston!

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Spent one night at The Boxer. It is a unique hotel that has a lot of potential. Couple of things I had a problem with given the room rate. I was in a corner king room and it was a small room and it was also very dark with dark walls and carpet. The mini bar fridge was leaking water all in cabinet and on floor. The shower enclosure was badly in need of replacement after numerous obvious repair attempts. Few public areas were just filthy including the elevator. The lobby bar does not have much to offer. There is a bar there with mostly empty shelves.
Staff that that checked me in was nice others not as nice or helpful. Plan on valet to take a long tome to retrieve your car if you are using that service.

Stayed: August 2014