“Nice stay, very convenient to TD Garden”
Review of The Boxer Boston

The Boxer Boston
Ranked #20 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Would highly recommend this hotel if you are in town for an event at the Garden. Less than a 5 minute walk tot the Garden and close to the North End, Fanieul Hall and Aquarium.
Rooms are quite small, but creatively decorated and very clean.
Staff is exceptionally helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank GeoffChing88
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear GeoffChing88,

So glad you enjoyed our exceptional service and our beautiful city! I have to admit, our location is super convenient to the Garden (just a block away!) and having a stadium in the middle of the city is one of my favorite advantages of Boston! Thank you again.

There are newer reviews for The Boxer Boston

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We enjoyed our short stay at The Boxer in Boston. The updates to the hotel were excellent. The rooms are small but comfortable. Great location to Massachusetts General Hospital and other parts of Boston.

1  Thank Jane B

Dear Jane B,

Thank you for your review! Our location is prime for those visiting MGH and we are so glad you enjoyed the revamping of our historic building! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

When I was looking for a hotel to stay at in Boston which was in walking distance to the TD Garden Stadium, I wasn't sure about the Boxer. Reviewing the pictures online I really didn't like the room. I decided to book the hotel and give it a chance. I have to say I am glad I did. The hotel is beautiful, our room was warm, cozy & very clean and the staff very friendly. My boyfriend and I decided The Boxer Hotel is our hotel from now on. It is close to everything we want to go see from Hockey games at the TD Garden Stadium, to Quincy Market and more... What I liked most about the hotel is the staff goes above and beyond. If you are looking for are looking for a hotel, you need to look at the Boxer. You will have a pleasant stay and will want to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: We had a corner room which was quiet. I will say the entire floor seemed very quiet.
1  Thank Terina C

Dear Terina C,

Thank you so much for your kind words- we really strive to provide amazing service to each of our guests and we are thrilled that you felt at home! We look forward to seeing you again in Boston!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The best thing about the Boxer Hotel is the staff. Each person we met went out of their way to get to know us and meet our needs. We also enjoyed being able to walk to the North End from the hotel and felt safe doing so during the day.

The hotel itself was disappointing. Our room did not have a tub, which was terrible after a day of sightseeing. It was too small for three of us in and I very much agree with someone else's review that states that it was Eurpopean-like. It is indeed. Each room has a strange shape. Our room was reminiscent of a cruise ship cabin. There was no closet and the hangers were situated over the snacks in the snack bar so our coats lay upon the snacks. The shower floor was dirty and one of the plugs did not work (fixed by the very nice hotel engineer).

I think that overall the hotel is fine for the young traveler without kids but not for those with kids or with a refined taste for elegance. We actually are staying at the hotel again (prebought through a third party) so it will be interesting if our stay is any different next week. I will be sure to review that night as well.

Room Tip: Ask for the largest room possible within your price structure.
1  Thank mallorynp
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Mallorynp,

Thank you for staying with us (and coming back!) We look forward to having you again and we will absolutely make sure that this stay exceeds your expectations. See you then!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Just spent part of our March Break at the Boxer in Boston. It was a perfect fit for the 4 of us, modern, clean, comfortable and really excellent service. The rooms are very European/New York ish in the sense that they are small. Small but very well laid out. If you like tons of space it's not likely for you, but if you like ultra comfortable in the perfect downtown location then this is it.

Dear Hockeybeachbum (awesome profile name),

Good afternoon! In our historical building we made the best use out of the old world charm but with modern and whimsical touches- thank you for enjoying Boston and your stay; we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

From the moment you walk in, the place smells beyond clean and looks so modern and stylish. The whole place is spotless and the staff was friendly and helpful (they were able to give us recommendations on where to eat, park, etc.) We had a Junior Suite with a king-sized bed and a pull-out couch and it fit the three of us (and all of our luggage!) well. The rooms aren't huge, but they're well-planned: the bathroom has a pocket door, the TV tilts so it's viewable from the bed or couch, there are two small tables put together instead of a larger coffee table so you have placement options. We had to call the front desk for an extra pillow and blanket and a staff member arrived at our door within minutes. Every staff member we passed acknowledged us and/or struck up a conversation. I loved the location, it's super close to the TD Garden and was just down the street from Fanueil Hall. I didn't use the valet parking, I parked around the corner in the garage recommended by the front desk and it was about $30 per day (or the valet will park it for $44 with in and out privileges, but there was no need since everything we wanted to see was within walking distance.) There was a Keurig coffee maker in the room, the elevator was always fast, and our corner room had plenty of windows to watch all of the traffic trying to leave TD Garden on the street below. If you're heading to TD Garden or doing touristy stuff, I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite we had was in a corner of this triangular building so there were lots of windows. T...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Cllnwlsh,

Your review is outstanding! Thank you for enjoying every aspect of our property and we are so pleased to hear that your experience was a great one! Our location is indeed prime in the city, walkable and central and we love that you enjoyed our in room amenities such as the coffee maker and our great use of space in an historical building.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Fellow Travelers,

I recently had the need for a last minute business trip to a favorite city of mine, Boston, MA, Using Expedia I ended up choosing an unknown property ti me, namely the Boxer as my first choices were unavailable and this hotel, while new to me was in a perfect location, and, at least on the web looked like a "cool" boutique" hotel.

Anyway, I was quote pleased with my selection and would have given the Boxer a higher rating but minor nuances such as only one elevator and albeit a new refurbishment (clearly done on the cheap and already showing wear and tear) and the fact that the restaurant and bar within was closed during lunch hours make this (my opinion) a 3 star hotel at best.

That said the service was great and the hotel / room was clean and inviting ... so really no complaints.

Doddsy

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank steve d

Dear SteveD,

Thank you for your review! I appreciate your comments and feedback regarding the amenities of the Hotel and certainly hope you enjoyed the impeccable service we provide at the Boxer.1