“Very HIP”

The Boxer Boston
Ranked #21 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have been missing The Boxer since we were there for 4 nights from 13. of february. I loved the room wanted to take the bed with me home. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The valet parking was brilliant. it is always going to be expensive to have a car downtown Boston so to have to pay 10-11 dollars more for valet parking than self parking and being able to take the car in and out is much more convenient than self parking. The location is really good. either for walking or driving.
So I have nothing but praise for this hotel.
The complimentary apples were a good start every morning.
Thanks a lot The Boxer

1  Thank Erlendur E
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Erlendur E,

Thank you! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, the apples and the cool atmosphere! We look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for The Boxer Boston

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great location, a very short walk to the subway and my girlfriend and I had no issues getting back to the Boxer every night. Amazing staff, room was small but it was really clean and was exactly what we needed. Free WiFi was nice as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kyle F

Dear kfirms,

Thank you for the review! We pride ourselves on our service culture and so glad you were able to join us during your trip to our beautiful city

Thank you!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great service from the start from Serena st the front desk. It's a stone's throw from the garden and fannieul hall. Nice service overall without being inundated with service. Great food and my kids loved the bunk beds. Complimentary apples when checking out was a nice touch reasonably price and a hidden gem.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank bethoreobinx

Dear bethoreobinx,

Thank you for making us your home away from home! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Wow, the reboot of the former Bulfinch Hotel is excellent! The rooms have been completely redone & the "boxer" touches include interesting nods w/boxer dogs, boxing gloves, and more.

The staff at the front desk was very helpful in terms of providing orientation to the area and also some great restaurant recommendations and the like. As they say, it's close to the good stuff (the North End, multiple T stations, a short walk to the TD Garden, etc)

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone and it's a great home base for exploring Boston!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank thesecondcity

Dear thesecondcity,

What great feedback! Thank you for your review and visit us in Boston soon!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

My girlfriend and I spent the night of Feb. 15-16 at the Boxer - a quick getaway for my birthday. We booked a king room earlier in the week online. We arrived early afternoon and check-in was quick. Valet parking available for $44/self parking for $36. As we were only staying one night the valet was worth it. The room was 609 and we felt very nice. The king bed was very comfortable, the bathroom very large by most hotel standards. A steel-framed wall unit comprised the desk, wardrobe, coffee maker, iron, etc. A TV was over the desk unit. The hotel is in a great location. In one direction, is the TD Garden. In the other is Fanueil Hall and the North End of Boston - all very close and certainly walkable. The theater district area is about a 30 minute walk. After we arrived we asked for wine glasses and a corkscrew and the front desk accommodated us quickly. We thought the hotel was very reasonable too - $170/night. We did not try the on site restaurant as there are so many other great places nearby. And the staff were all very friendly - from the front desk, to the restaurant where we had coffee before our departure, to the valet parking attendant. who brought us our car with a smile and asked how our stay was.

I would definitely stay here again. Two or three nights would be good - not sure about an extended stay. But a perfect place to explore what Boston has to offer.

Room Tip: Room 609 is a king room with a large bath. Very nice
2  Thank Jeff W

Dear Jeff W,

Thank you for coming to Boston for your weekend! I am so glad to hear that the location of our hotel worked with your needs and that you had a great time! We look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The staff at The Boxer, were all super friendly and helpful. Looking back at previous hotel adventures I can't recall being treated as well. Yes the rooms are on the small side, but how much space do you need? We booked a King Size bedroom. The bed was very comfortable and there was enough space for my husband and I. We stayed for three nights, the housekeeping staff did a fantastic job making every day feel like the first day. Because we booked their winter package, our car was taken care of by their valet and we enjoyed a delicious complimentary breakfast each morning.

2  Thank aliosun
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Aliosun,

Thank you so much! I cannot think of a better compliment than being treated the best you ever had; we certainly pride ourselves on our service and it's wonderful to get this feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed here for part of my Boston trip. The rooms were small and the bathroom even smaller. It was modernly decorated, but there was no closet and the beds were horrible. My boyfriend and I kept ending up crowded in the middle of the bed because of the way they were sunken in. I've never experienced that at a higher end boutique hotel. The restaurant downstairs was really bad. The food wasn't very good and it took forever to get our food or get the bill because they have only one waitstaff that also doubles as the bartender, and worst of all it was expensive.
On the upside, its very close to TD Garden and was great for the Celtics game we went to one night. And the hotel is located within walking distance to all the great restaurants in the North End. But if I was to do it again, I wouldn't stay here unless I was going to TD garden.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Sparklylotus,

I am so sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect experience- which is certainly not what we strive for. We do have an open closet concept in our rooms which can be different at first though we do our best on capitalizing on the space in our beautiful historic building.

I have reached out to you personally and hope the next time you are back on the East Coast we can exceed your expectations and provide you with the stay that we have become known for.

Thank you again for your feedback!