“Place looked so nice on the outside, but dining experience was horrible”
Review of Rudi's Resto Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed November 23, 2010

On the outside this looked like a fun, somewhat offbeat place and on the inside the decor was nice enough but nothing too striking. That's where the positivity ends.
Both my wife and I were given dirty silverware, although the waiter was polite about replacing it for us.
The food was something you'd expect more from a cafeteria only it came at bistro prices.
We felt very rushed, our check was presented not shortly after our food arrived.
As we were wrapping up, we actually saw a roach crawling across the floor near the bar. We considered bringing this to someone's attention however we did not as an older woman patron was discussing something with the manager and being treated very rudely, at one point almost being shouted at.
Overall this was a terrible dining expereince and I would never eat there again or reccomend it to others.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

They have a very good mix of food and sometimes have live entertainment.
Wish the bartenders would move a little quicker.. actually I was rushed out the door at 11.. Um on a saturday.. maybe it was the because the manager left. Oh well

Reviewed June 29, 2010

This place is located inside the Hampton Inn hotel now, it's not on a wharf. We ate there just because of location. It was in my hotel so it was easy to get to. The food was very bland. I'm from the south and thought maybe it was just me, so I let my friend try it, who is from the area and he agreed. It may have been an accident, maybe they forgot to season mine, but I tasted ZERO seasoning, like not even salt and pepper. It was tasteless. I ordered chicken cordon bleu and I didn't finish it. I don't remember the exact price but I think the meal was over 40 bucks. and for two of us, getting regular food, no drinks, that's expensive. If any of the mangement happens to read this, my advice to you is to really consider the quality of what you put out so people will want more. I didn't want more of anything I tried in this restaurant.

Reviewed October 18, 2009

The address listed is 30 Rowes Wharf but they've actually just moved to within the Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center complex which is great because there didn't seem to be a lot of options in the vicinity! This place would appeal to everyone - youngsters to oldsters! We're in our fifties and enjoyed the atmosphere, the service, the accommodation and the food! It was a Saturday night and so they had their Saturday Specials menu which looked tempting. The meals were hot and well presented and good value. A great drinks menu too. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable and couldn't do enough for us. Hoorah!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook