“A nice quick meal”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Berkeley St.
Transit: Orange line - Back Bay, Exit Orange Line at Clarendon Street exit and go one block north on Columbus Avenue. Green Line - Arlington Street Exit on Arlington Street and walk east to Columbus Avenue. Right on Columbus Avenue, 1 block to Berkeley Street. Entrance is on Columbus Avenue.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've not been to Club Cafe in several years; it, in my mind, had gone through a rough patch. I was pleasantly surprised by both the food and table service. We were looking for a light dinner as we were headed to a birthday party later on. We shared a big plate of nachos to start which was excellent. We added the chili. We all ordered sandwiches with a side salad. I had a lobster roll, and despite the size of the roll itself was mounded with lightly dressed lobster. The salad too was tossed with a light vinaigrette and was quite tasty. I'd be happy to recommend Club Cafe, and I am looking to go back for a "bigger" dinner.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've eaten here consistently over a 10 year period and I've found that the food has improved significantly. I always find the dining area to be both cozy and perfectly suited for a good time with friends. However, if you are there to eat later into the night, it can be a little raucous with the dance club going on in the back of the room.
The servers and the bar staff have always been friendly, helpful, and more than attentive to your every need. My only complaint would be that my partner once ordered the veggie burger (he's a fairly strict vegetarian) and it appeared with bacon on the top of it! We all were able to laugh it off, but c'mon...bacon on top of a veggie burger...really? As I said, the server was very accommodating. The crowd is always friendly and the food, while not superior, certainly never dissapoints.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I always think of this place as more of a club/disco then restaurant but either way it is a lot of fun. Visited this establishment twice in the last month and enjoyed each visit. The crowd on Saturday night is a little odd. Mixture of gay/straight in the disco that trends more gay as the night goes on. Preppy/mature adult with a few twinks. Several older bear types as well but no weirdos. Love to people watch here. Very entertaining. There is a new piano bar/room that I did not visit and also a dining room in the front. All the bartenders are friendly and efficient. The prices cannot be beat. Imported beers for $3.25? WOW! The brunch on Sunday morning is plentiful and tasty. Good times on the weekend...

1  Thank IRSHMN_99
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This place was close to the hotel i spent the night at and had a fun neighborhood vibe. Perfect for waht i was looking for, some food & drink and entertainment :)

3  Thank NycPhoto5
Reviewed November 26, 2011

full brunch menu for 14$..a deal given the variety of food...check it out..always busy apparently

1  Thank Lambert B