“Amazing!!!”

Neighborhood: South End
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Went here with my son (12yrs). Absolutely amazing food! Great atmosphere too. Seemed very popular which is always a good sign. Def well worth trying if you're under 50!! Will def visit again & fantastic food at excellent value.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Swanky as anything, and the food is spectacular”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

You would never expect this place to be this good, and that's awesome. I can't even describe the decor - it's truly like they made something out of nothing. LP covers, Narragansett boxes, cutouts of Space Ghost and other weird things line the wall and somehow it becomes more than the sum of its parts. The bathroom is covered in graffiti, but in a weird, good way. The place is covered in trashy stuff without actually looking trashy, if that makes sense.

And oh, the food. Oh my my my the food. The first time I walked in and saw Sriracha sitting on the tables I thought "oh, this'll work". And oh did it ever. The food is seriously wonderful, with a rotating menu that changes every few weeks - fresh ingredients made with skill and care and apparently never fried; I've never felt gross after eating here. Pretty reasonably priced but not as cheap as some would have you believe to be honest. But no matter, it's still not expensive.

Go to Delux. It's fantastic.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Riptor3000
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent food in a great decor!”
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Very very good food. I'm talkin' about 'chef' food here, not 'bar' food. Low price for the quality. Great ambiance/decor for the younger or cooler people.

• Visited January 2011
Duxbury, Massachusetts
“Amazing "hole in the wall"”
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I had no idea this place existed, nor do I think I would have if a friend had not told me about it. On the outside, you can't even tell it is a restaurant. But the inside, is a charming little bar and restaurant, great decor - album covers, posters, etc, and a fun and relaxed atmosphere. I could tell many of the customers were regulars and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. It is a small and somewhat dark - great for hanging out with a small crowd or a date. The food was excellent - I had a lamb burger (which was excellent, highly recommended) and my friend had the duck special which looked amazing and he thoroughly enjoyed. The wine list consisted of a glass of Chardonnay or red wine, the lack of options was a disappointment but the Chard was pretty good. The prices are great and are the portion sizes, no meal was more than $14. A glass of wine was $6.

1 Thank snowbu5851
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best food paired with a laid back atmosphere”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

It is a tiny hole in the wall that I have come to love. It is cluttered usually, and wildly decorated with a mish-mash of posters, album covers, and 1 bust of elvis. The relaxed, eclectic atmosphere is out-shined by the food. It is equal parts no frills yet masterly crafted. Their flank steak in a balsamic reduction is still my favorite dish. They also have Tremont Ale on tap, amazing! The only down side is that I learned the hard way that it was cash only.