“Great prices!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Description: The Pour House is a no-frills establishment. Well known to Bostonians as an inexpensive watering hole for people who want to get down and have a good time. We specialize in great attitude, great pricing and huge portions. Voted one of the best breakfast places in America by Playboy Magazine, we offer delicious meals at all hours of the day - morning or night!
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great prices!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great atmosphere, great food at surprisingly low prices but the servers could use better training both in hospitality and in organization and sometimes in attitudes...cooks , bartenders, and management are great. I'm guessing they can afford to have some great food at cheap prices because they do without a host, and you seat yourself! Pretty smart. I just dislike alot of the patrons that go thier...too many frat attitudes who are cheapos

Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday morning breakfast”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Sunday morning, bright and sunny and our first full day in Boston. Still finding our way around, we headed down the main thoroughfare, close to our hotel. Quite a lot of places were open and serving breakfasts, and this particular restaurant had an appeal that made it look and feel attractive. There was a long bar, rather like you would expect to see in a Western, and there were tables set into small cubicled spaces along the length of the restaurant. The fact that it was already busy felt like a good sign, and in this assertion we were not disappointed. The breakfasts were typical of an American diner, and the speciality seemed to be the diced fried potatoes served with just about everything. As I always find, the portions were astronomic, and there was far to much food, but it was very tasty, and very good value for money. We had a splendid breakfast washed own with lashings of good coffee. An ideal way to kick off our day of walking.

• Visited October 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Cheap food, huge portions, great taste and speedy friendly service! Nothing fancy, but I would definitely recommend this place!

Visited October 2013
Somerset, New Jersey
“Meh”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

The food was ok, I had the corn muffin waffle which was served to me Luke warm. It was supposed to be served with honey butter, when I asked the waitress if it was honey butter she said..hmmm yes. When I asked for more she got it from the same container that my husbands plain butter came from. I think she just didn't care about my question.

Visited October 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Average bar, but ok food & beer!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We had here some beers, burgers and nachos appetizers with friends. Nacho size is enourmous and enough for at least 4. The burgers came pretty quick after the nachos :( .. so less time for the starters. Burgers were pretty good, juicy and tasty. But its just a usual pub with nothing special remarkable.

• Visited October 2013