“Who knew Boston has a 24-hr diner?”
Review of Victoria's Diner

Victoria's Diner
Ranked #474 of 3,275 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I came here with an Amazon Local deal and wasn't sure what to except. I was pleasantly surprised. It has a great diner feel, counter seating, big booths, themed decor. They have their own parking lot, no small bonus in Boston. The menu is truly massive (think 6 pages) and they serve breakfast all day. Everything is affordable (as you'd expect from a diner) and the portions are generous to say the least. I ordered an onion ring burger that was so large I had to take it apart to eat because I couldn't fit it in my mouth. It came with a huge plate of tasty fries. Our waitress was great-just the right amount of diner sass mixed with good customer service.

They also have a full bar, in case you need a martini to go with those pancakes.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Slightly dodgy area down the far end of Mass Ave, but a properly traditional American diner.
I met friends for a great (and cheap) brunch, and wished I could have ordered everything on the menu.
There was a queue for tables on a Sunday morning, and it was full of locals, so I think that really says it all!

I sent the rest of my group there for brunch after I'd had to go to the airport, and they loved it too.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I love their breakfast, which you can get any time of day. I often have an omeltte and never the same one because all of them are good. For dinner I usually choose one of three entrees - the Blue Salad, which comes with perfectly seasoned and prepared steak tips over a bowl of lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber, olives and blue cheese with triangles of pita, the Pork Chops, which are very tasty and come with your choice of two sides - I usually go for the butternut squash and steamed broccoli, but if you are in the mood for something fried, in addition to french fries and onion rings you can choose zucchini or eggplant fries, or the Patty Melt, which is served on rye and prepared to your liking. They also serve very good chicken lemon rice soup and slices of cake that are so big it usually takes three people to finish one. Try the chocolate or the carrot cake - outstanding. Best of all, if you are looking for somewhere to eat after 1am on weekends this place is open 24 hours.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

A little out of the way on Mass. Ave. in Boston, this diner had friendly staff and a well stocked menu with good food and plenty of it.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I like eating in diners. From my rowdy days as a youth, visiting them at all hours of the night, to my more sedate adult hood - I've always loved pulling up a booth, getting some coffee and some grub.

Victoria's, in a word, is awesome. Our server was amazingly amenable, cheerful and knowledgeable about the menu. She acquiesced to all of our parties requests, and even made some suggestions that knocked it out of the park.

The food was amazing diner food - I had the meatloaf, which was a classic. It was a huge portion, and even as a rotund man, I couldn't finish it! It was all prepared fresh - and it was all amazing. I even tasted some of my wife's toasted banana bread - amazing.

I'll stop here again next time I'm in Boston, and if you're there - and you love diners - I'd tell you to drop in too.