“Great atmosphere but the food was only okay”
Review of The Warren Tavern

The Warren Tavern
Ranked #34 of 3,275 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlestown
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We were a party of four and only two of us enjoyed our food. The lobster macaroni and the baked haddock were too rich the house salad was good and so was the fried haddock. We drank a lot of water and our waitress was great keeping us filled up.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were advised by one of the harbor water taxis captains and the staff at Bunker Hill Memorial to try the Warren Tavern on 2 Pleasant Street in Charlestown, MA. The Tavern is 2 blocks downhill from Bunker Hill. This Tavern was built in 1780 and was frequent by Paul revere who delivered a speech in the Tavern. The Tavern in a low ceiling and dark interior and is a favorite eatery and bar for the locals. They have several local brewery ales on tap and they had the Samuel Adams season beer "Brick Red" which is only available to local Boston pubs and taverns. A dark beer which a wonderful stout favor. A must for the true beer lover. We order a bowl of the clam chowder, calamari and a large side salad for lunch. It was more than enough for two people to split. The clam chowder was so creamy and chucked full of clams. They do not use potatoes as a filler. Each spoonful was a clam lover's delight. The Calamari was heavenly. Lightly breaded and crispy!!!! A pleasant surprise was the slices of breaded cherry peppers mixed in with the calamari. The salad was extremely fresh and tasty. We also have a basket of wonderful & heavenly hot homemade potato rolls. This was definitely a stick to your ribs and warm ya to the bones lunch on a chilly May day. If you are at Bunker Hill around lunch time make a point to stop by the wonderful tavern.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was wisely pointed this way after visiting the Bunker Hill Monument.
Great food; great service; great atmosphere!
Truly a highlight of my trip to Boston!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a great and fully authentic Boston pub. The food is good if not great but prices are very reasonable, service friendly and there's always a great ambience thanks to the colorful CHarlestown locals. It gets very busy on week-ends, though when it can take an hour before you get a table.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This tavern was definitely in theme with our day visiting the USS Constitution and the Bunker Hill Monument. It was conveniently located, we were able to walk from USS to the tavern to Bunker Hill. Service was good although the place itself was a bit cramped with very small tables but I imagine that's part of the atmosphere. I had the lobster roll which I really didn't care for but I don't think it was their fault...it was my first time trying one. I don't know what I expected but it was cold lobster with mayo on a piece of plain ol' toasted white bread. Maybe I expected a hoagie or something, like a po-boy? My husband had the shepherds pie and wasn't that impressed. I give it four stars because of the atmosphere, it really was a nice, nostalgic break from the cold and because I think our rating of the food was poor due to trying things we didn't know if we'd like and we were both a little hung over from the Dropkick Murphy's concert the night before. lol

Been to The Warren Tavern? Share your experiences!