“good beer and barfood”

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Reviewed November 30, 2013

used whiskeys a couple of times while we were in boston and were no disappointed , it is a no frills bar with sport on numerous big screen tv,s it has a very relaxed and laid back feel to the place used by locals and tourists alike.we were there midweek and it was quite busy but there was seating for our party of six though it was a bit of a squeeze in the booth.the menu is a very good burger style menu with a large selection to choose from,portions a good size very tasty and a very reasonable price.
the staff were good and knowledgeable about the different beers available and the service was good, not having to wait to long for food,i could not find any negatives about the place but i can imagine it must get very busy on a weekend night or if a red sox game is televised, if i am ever in boston again i would visit whiskeys again.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I was attending a convention at the Hynes. I was carry four bags and exhausted from a day of rushing to different meetings. I initially walked in and saw how packed it was and decided to leave.

After walking a bit, I decided to go back. I sat at a cocktail table in the bar area (the place was PACKED with what appeared to be locals getting off work). My server was amazingly attentive given how busy she was. She was very accommodating when I asked for a drink to be made a specific way and was helpful selecting a happy hour appetizer. I order some potato skins that were awesome--not soggy at all--nice and crispy. Not as excited by the quesadillas--they tomatoes appeared to be fresh, but raw and just thrown in at the last second.

Good spot for bar food and people watching if you're on Boylston.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Before I make my review of Whiskey's, I'll shed some light about my credibility...I am a former doorman, bartender/bar-back, server, cook, and Panera Bread's ace trainer before I got sick of their sweat-shop factory pay-scale system, and left on my own term and way...eh-hem!! So, For the fist time, this past Sunday I went To Whiskey's because The Pour House was too full of young, and angry hungover frat people for my taste, We were greeted pretty well by a 7-foot server, who
with a little work on his mannerisms, will become a very good server. Upon looking at the menu, my fiance and I were surprised by the low prices and the great selection of food and beverages..you can not go wrong with the classic, tall-glass bloody mary for only 7 bucks. The glasses of o.j were a bit too small but in m ost cases, you do get what you pay for.. Our waitress was nice but needs more polish in her server organization skills as she took too long to grab us a coffee and a o.j. with the place no where near busy. Overall, the waffles, eggs, and ham were all cooked great. Again, our waitriss took a long time with getting our drinks and food to us otherwise our food would have been out 15 minutes earlier than it did. Plenty of t.v screens, plenty of bar space, plenty of tables...just need some better servers and the place will get 5 out of 5 frome me. That place made me want to get back into the business and will be dropping off my resume there today...

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Went here myself on first day in boston, had north carolina pulled pork sandwich and a beer, food was really nice and i couldnt fault the service.
I returned with my boyfriend a few days later...disaster! Grumpy server who barely spoke,he took our drinks order while we looked at the menu. He passed our table and i asked if we could change table to a booth as we were in a very bad spot, he said sure, i asked if he would change our table number on drinks order, again, he said 'sure'. 15 minutes later we still hadnt been served our drinks and no one had taken our order.
A waitress then served our drinks to the table we were previously sitting at, obviously the couple hadnt ordered them, so i flagged her down and said they were ours. The drinks were 2 beers, but neither had tops because they had been sitting on the bar for so long! Then asked if she would take our order and she reluctantly did- because it wasnt her area.
I ordered a medium ribeye with smashed garlic potatoes, i got a ribeye with baked potato, so when he came back with sauce i told him i hadnt ordered baked, he was so grumpy and gave me a dirty look and said 'well what did you order', his attitude was stinking, very rude and abrupt. He lifted my plate and took it to the kitchen, brought it back almost 10 minutes later when my boyfriend was half way through his!
My ribeye was cold and well done through and through (i ordered medium) the garlic smashed potatoes were VILE! Should have kept the baked potatoe! We were extremely disappointed!! I did not want to send it back because i am convinced the waiter would have spat in it.
The worst thing about america is u has to leave a tip, even if the service is bad! I think a tip should be the customers choice and not a demand!!
It made me so mad in this case because our server was a down right disgrace. Do not go here, ever. Ever.

1  Thank ktg25
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I made the mistake of ordering a starter, which was a huge Spinach and Artichoke dip, which frankly, was a bit creamy and not too pleasant. It's unnecessary too, as they automatically bring you a large salad which is an adequate starter course. My partner had fillet steak whilst I had ribeye; both were superb and cooked just as we had asked. Good selection of beers and a good atmosphere; definitely worth a visit.